Wound wont stop bleeding ideas please

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok so i currently have gorilla super glue not sure thats okay but its what i have i can wait till tomorrow when dh is here.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Any cyanoacrylate product should work like Gorilla Glue. That's the chemical name. I've used medical grade, airplane hobby stuff, and generic "super glue". Medical grade is slightly less drying on your skin but not a big enough difference to matter.

WEAR GLOVES. When you glue your fingers together acetone or mineral spirits will release it.

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Okay so i have a 7 year old doe who is recovering from being anemic. And she got a wound on her udder i got what ever was in it out. That was three days ago and since then it her leg and udder are covered in fry blood and it reopens everytime i milk i have to hold pressure to it while milking to prevent blood gushing into the milk. I seperated the kids. I been cleaning it with iodine and tried to bandage it with a butterfly stitch, then i put a gauze over that and surgical tape, then wrapped it with vet wrap and under five minutes she take it all off. So i need a new plan and I can't take her to the vet right now. So yeah help. The wound should not have been a problem but apparently it is. I am at at a loss my dh is currently out on a run and won't be back till some time tomorrow but he a truck driver and he has to work and I an not very good at the whole driving a trailer quite yet. So what ever you can come up with would be greatly appreciated.
It's by far the most effective way to stop bleeding. Ice packs can also help constrict blood vessels. After bleeding stops, irrigation is the most important step in the treatment of open wounds. Flush the wound thoroughly with dilute disinfectant, saline solution or even water.

Latest posts