Wry Neck?

bunnyperson

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Have a 6wk old Holland lop with what a crooked head. He hasn't been exposed to extreme heat, I have seen no signs or ear infections/ear mites. His Brothers and sister are all healthy with no problems. I did notice that he was always at the bottom of the pile when sleeping. Could he have been "smushed" into this horrible position? I have tried researching it and have seen several classify it as Wry Neck which can be caused by many things. Most people recommend using a puppy dewormer or cattle dewormer! Any opinions?

manybirds

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
bunnyperson said:
Have a 6wk old Holland lop with what a crooked head. He hasn't been exposed to extreme heat, I have seen no signs or ear infections/ear mites. His Brothers and sister are all healthy with no problems. I did notice that he was always at the bottom of the pile when sleeping. Could he have been "smushed" into this horrible position? I have tried researching it and have seen several classify it as Wry Neck which can be caused by many things. Most people recommend using a puppy dewormer or cattle dewormer! Any opinions?
you could try worming and rubbing pen G in his ear if that dosn't work i owuld put him out of his missery. we had a rye neck rabbit and it didn't work out, i have heard of it being cured if u catch it right away. its generally caused by and ear infection.

bunnyperson

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
What if he doesn't appear to be in misery? I love this little baby and I don't have the heart to do that. He acts fines. Hops around with no problems, eats and drinks with no problems. Hops to the cage door when I come in the room.

manybirds

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
bunnyperson said:
What if he doesn't appear to be in misery? I love this little baby and I don't have the heart to do that. He acts fines. Hops around with no problems, eats and drinks with no problems. Hops to the cage door when I come in the room.
well see if you can fix it. if not put him out of his misery. i was in the exact situation a few years back, he couldn't clean himself, and because of it got a dirty butt and fly strike, the eye that was facing the ground (because of the head tilt) got infected. is he flipping? if he's not doing the flip it isn't as bad. the one i had flipped because the wry neck caused dizziness

manybirds

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
bunnyperson said:
well see if you can fix it. if not put him out of his misery. i was in the exact situation a few years back, he couldn't clean himself, and because of it got a dirty butt and fly strike, the eye that was facing the ground (because of the head tilt) got infected. is he flipping? if he's not doing the flip it isn't as bad. the one i had flipped because the wry neck caused dizziness. we have a dwarf hotot right now that has the tilt,