WVDuckchick's BYC Pond

Jenniferlamar70

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Ok thats what I'll do. Thanks for the help. :)also hope your feeling better. The flu bug has finally left our house and thats helping quite a bit. :)

Jenniferlamar70

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
:ep

:fl - sending good hatching vibes your way.

:love - it just doesn't get much cuter! I got to see my grand-chicks for the first time tonight while skyping with my DD -- turns out the poultry obsession is genetic.

You can open it up then... just lube the membrane and check veins, etc... as long as you don't tear open the inner membrane or pull it out of the shell, it shouldn't hurt...
Thanks for the good hatching vibes! :)

AmyPaperlady

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'm in northern California. I've been keeping humidity around 40 percent. I usually do closer to 70 for lockdown just because I'm in and out. Weve had really temperamental weather lately. 60 degrees one day and 90 the next. Been having trouble keeping even temps and humidity. Normally I'm way better at being on top of things. These all had detached air cells so instead of turning I tilted them in an egg carton as suggested by the person I purchased them from. The air cells always stayed big though. Thats why I didn't realize it had drawn down yet until i saw it had internally pipped. All my calls ended up needing help. Not sure if it was from bad incubating, bad shipping or just because they can be difficult to hatch.

I'm willing to bet that you're south of me, then--and probably a bit east, since the ocean's less than a mile away from where I'm sitting ;) I'm up in Crescent City, 6 hours north of San Fran...

Jenniferlamar70

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet that you're south of me, then--and probably a bit east, since the ocean's less than a mile away from where I'm sitting ;) I'm up in Crescent City, 6 hours north of San Fran...
We love Crescent city! We camp there from time to time with the family. We live near redding. Definitely not as nice lol and quite a bit hotter!

AmyPaperlady

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
We love Crescent city! We camp there from time to time with the family. We live near redding. Definitely not as nice lol and quite a bit hotter!

We lived in Redding just after the turn of the century! Bit of a climate shock after graduating from HSU (especially since I didn't drive, and we ended up working and shopping a good bus ride from where we lived, and my shift was usually 4-close at KMart, so waiting for a transfer on blacktop with no shade in the summer around 3pm:sick), but we had family we were trying to help...

Jenniferlamar70

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
We lived in Redding just after the turn of the century! Bit of a climate shock after graduating from HSU (especially since I didn't drive, and we ended up working and shopping a good bus ride from where we lived, and my shift was usually 4-close at KMart, so waiting for a transfer on blacktop with no shade in the summer around 3pm:sick), but we had family we were trying to help...
Oh yes the heat is god awful lol. We live farther out. Not in town but not any cooler lol. It's a small world lol. ☺