WWYD- possible accidental pregnancy

4H Momma

Just born
Reaction score
I'm new to BYH and since we are having a blizzard right now I'm reading LOTS of posts and I just have to tell you about my Nigerian Dwarf doe that can jump ANYTHING!
We have tried EVERYTHING to contain her and she can jump/climb out /in anywhere she pleases! She has taught herself how to 'bank-shot' off the sides of buildings to go over fences. She has taught herself how to climb "no climb" horse fencing. She DIGGS under fences. We've NEVER had a Nigerian like her before! My 16 year old daughter is TRYING to get this doe bred so she can show her at 4H fair next year- however this doe will NOT stay with the buck- gets away and jumps over the fence, travels across the farm and jumps back over a 5' fence and puts herself back with the other does. If this doe didn't have the breeding and awesome personality she has, she would be at the sale barn!

Chrystal

Fullhousefarm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
4H Momma said:
I'm new to BYH and since we are having a blizzard right now I'm reading LOTS of posts and I just have to tell you about my Nigerian Dwarf doe that can jump ANYTHING!
We have tried EVERYTHING to contain her and she can jump/climb out /in anywhere she pleases! She has taught herself how to 'bank-shot' off the sides of buildings to go over fences. She has taught herself how to climb "no climb" horse fencing. She DIGGS under fences. We've NEVER had a Nigerian like her before! My 16 year old daughter is TRYING to get this doe bred so she can show her at 4H fair next year- however this doe will NOT stay with the buck- gets away and jumps over the fence, travels across the farm and jumps back over a 5' fence and puts herself back with the other does. If this doe didn't have the breeding and awesome personality she has, she would be at the sale barn!

Chrystal
This is NOT what I want to hear. Two of my kids just got a ND for Christmas. LOL.

I wish that this doe didn't want to be bred though. We have to keep her open till June, then she will be going for a visit with the *right* buck and I sure hope she'll settle down. She calls to the neighbor's boys that are *far* away on her 20 acres and out of sight all the time when she's in heat and even tries to seduce her wethered buddy, who has nothing to offer. She jumps over the fence so often that our neighbor's doe (in adjoining field) doesn't even care that she's in with her and her babies anymore- and she's a very protective mommy goat that doesn't like unknown visitors wither her babies. She's the worst when she's in heat, but today she jumped out twice and she's not in heat now. So, she's tied for a few hours hoping that she'll be satisfied to eat her own 2 acres of grass after that.

If she wasn't my daughter's very well-bred show goat, yes, I'd trade her in on a more manageable model for sure. I'm just *really* hoping that she settles down when she's bred and at least after she kids. I know her mom is a very laid back goat, so here is to hoping.

Latest posts