Ya’ll Think She’s Pregnant- Not Any More!

LlamaGirl4

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
She’s super cute! She’s a big girl! I am guessing twins as well! Post some pictures when she’s born.
Lord knows I need pics after what happened to my kid. He was born a month early last week.
Momma goat is okay but the kid died after 5 minutes:(:hit

SonRise Acres

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
She’s super cute! She’s a big girl! I am guessing twins as well! Post some pictures when she’s born.
Lord knows I need pics after what happened to my kid. He was born a month early last week.

So sorry for the loss. Due to irresponsible breeding (not by us or on our farm) we had a lot of losses this last year. It’s terrible.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this. I have posted a few pics of new kids on my kidding post. By all means go and enjoy them! https://www.backyardherds.com/threads/latestarters-2019-kidding.38536/#post-572529
we had a lot of losses this last year. It’s terrible.
So sorry to hear of your losses also. Hope you have a much better year this time.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maybe this will hold y’all over till Cameo decides to drop evict hers. These kids are by the same sire and a Kinder doe. They were born New Year’s Day.
0270F9ED-9E01-4358-A102-B14B740E3975.jpeg

SonRise Acres

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So sorry to hear of your losses also. Hope you have a much better year this time.

Thank you. We lost almost all of the babies, almost lost a doe (c-section and a great vet saved her), ugh! Irresponsible breeding is a thing I just can’t stand. The age of these mamas was so young. All were bred the second they were in heat the first time. Yep. And they are all pygmies, so tiny. But we knew the loss would have been worse where they were as they weren’t being fed correctly, no supplementation, and there would be no medical care even from the owners. So we took them and went into crisis management mode.

LlamaGirl4

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
So sorry for the loss. Due to irresponsible breeding (not by us or on our farm) we had a lot of losses this last year. It’s terrible.

@LlamaGirl4 and @SonRise Acres - so sorry for your losses.

Thanks - I will definitely post pics!

So sorry to hear this. I have posted a few pics of new kids on my kidding post. By all means go and enjoy them! https://www.backyardherds.com/threads/latestarters-2019-kidding.38536/#post-572529

Thanks for you guys support