yay! they are flirting!

ohiogoatgirl

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
hahahaha. so i have two saanen does. i had a saanen buck that i was raising for a herdsire but lost him to meningeal (sp?) worm :( but thankfully someone i know was needing to find a home for their nigirian-pygmy buck. so now i have him. and luckily he is only a couple inches shorter then my does (who seem to be a bit on the short side for saanens).
well i've had him for about a week now. at first he was getting out of the pasture (about 5 acres and only the three goats in it). so i had to put up a zip-line sort of tether for him inside the pasture. i was worried that because of this he would not breed them because the girls run from his advances. well today i heard him and herd him bellowing. i thought he was tangled up and went out to untangle him. well instead of a tangled goat i found the girls being all flirty with him and teasing him. they are hanging out with him and letting him mount but the one doe is moving away about as soon as he mounts. the other doe i saw was letting him have a try but i'm not sure there was a "connection".

just wondering what you all think as to how soon i can expect them to be bred. the buck was put in with them on sept 15.

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
Congrats on your goats. As far as how soon they will be bred, the does probably won't stand for a breeding unless they are in heat. I pen breed so I can make sure that the does were covered and so I can have a specific due date---not knowing when to expect babies can drive ya crazy :)

Nathan Sampson

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
If there was a connection made then you will be expecting little ones in January or so. Congrats

Latest posts