Yeah! Cooper deficiency GONE in two does, herbally!

kstaven

Purple Cow/Moderator
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Mossy Stone Farm said:
:/ what i am wondering is WHY there is such a great decrease in cooper in goats to begine with.. Is our feed source? hay, additives soil? I have only had goats a few yrs and haven't run into a great deal of problems, but have noticed and seen a few things that have me really wondering.

I went ahead and placed an order with Fir Medow for a few things to try...

I wouldnt say we are organic i am like most who will use what i need to make sure my goats and other animals remain healthy.
On most cases you find the soil has deficiencies, which translates into deficiencies in the feed and thus the need for more supplementation. It's taken us years of work on the soil which now pays off in healthier forage and lessens the need for supplements. Soil tests are invaluable.

AlaskanShepherdess

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Something I have noticed lately..... I wasn't noticing as much improvement on the high copper mineral I was giving them as I thought I would. Until I started putting them out to graze, then all the sudden I have started seeing improvement in a lot of my girls. My theory.... is that there is other minerals or components in the graze they are getting that helps them use the copper in the mineral more efficiently. Obviously it's just a theory, but it's all I can think of to explain why I wasn't noticing lots of improvement in all my does until they started grazing. Nothing else changed. I know from research I have done that almost all vitamins and minerals need other vitamins and minerals in order to be absorbed and properly used by the body.