Yeast?

CountryFried

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Can I give them yeast? (The kind you bake with) According to Google, it has a decent amount of protein in it. Our fridge's filter blew up tonight and filled half the fridge with water, and our 3lb container of yeast got wet :rolleyes:

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
I'll feed my pigs just about anything, but wet yeast....hmmm.....maybe not. What might it do in their stomachs in that quantity?

But ugh, three pounds, what a waste. Maybe try a couple of spoonfuls and see how they react, then feed a couple more the next day, etc.

CountryFried

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
freemotion said:
I'll feed my pigs just about anything, but wet yeast....hmmm.....maybe not. What might it do in their stomachs in that quantity?

But ugh, three pounds, what a waste. Maybe try a couple of spoonfuls and see how they react, then feed a couple more the next day, etc.
I'm not going to give it all at once (I'm concerned I may have pig-splosions if I did that!), but I did sprinkle a little over their feed last night. Not sure what the difference is between brewing yeast and baking yeast, so I figured I better ask.

Latest posts