Yoko's Kids!

Stacykins

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Yoko kidded yesterday evening :weee . She was a champ through the entire thing. She is a first freshener and I am a newbie to the birthing process. The girl came first and she was malpositioned (sideways!), but with a little help getting oriented, it all went well. The little boy came second, headfirst, one hoof forward and one hoof back, with no issues. Yoko immediately got to work licking them down after suctioned their mouth and nose, and toweled off a lot of the goop. I was able to relax when they were dry, standing, and had a nice meal of colostrum! As of this morning the happy family is doing great! Kids are warm and fed, and Yoko is very content.

This is early on in the labor. She needed lots of lovings and reassurance that all was well.
YokoBirth001_zps4defb522.jpg

First kid was a little girl!
YokoBirth021_zps27787d8d.jpg

Second kid a boy!
YokoBirth024_zpsfb6a8ff8.jpg

I think he has his daddy's blue eyes!
YokoBirth041_zps6a12e8f0.jpg

The white on her little muzzle makes her look like a donkey!
YokoBirth069_zps28790f60.jpg

YokoBirth101_zpscf7e00e3.jpg

All tuckered out from being born.
YokoBirth077_zps77e461a4.jpg

Yoko is being SUCH a great mother. She is a first freshener!
YokoBirth087_zps07197885.jpg

YokoBirth091_zps83a6f53c.jpg

poorboys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
congrats on your first kidding, looks like every-thing went well.

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Boy howdy, they're cute! Can ya tell I'm Texan! LOL! :lol: I think the little girl's white patch on the top of her head and forehead looks like a punk rocker's hair cut! So adorable. Great pictures and really cute babies! Congrats! :love

Canadiannee

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Congrats on your new wee ones! Quite the beautiful girl and a very handsome boy! Green with envy I am! :)