You can’t make this up

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Had to close off a section of pasture with a cattle panel. I tied 3 bandannas on it so our steer would notice and not run into/trash the ‘gate’. He ATE the bandannas. I rescued one. He’s 700 plus pounds and headed to freezer camp in two weeks. How much trouble should I expect?

Last edited:

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I could be off on weight but- small freezer ornery steer and other considerations. Hoping this alternative roughage will not cause problems.

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The bandannas were pink. He’s well fed. What the hell? (Sorry I’m just boggling on this one). I had a ewe once. Scoured high and low. Caught her eating insulation. I raced after her desperately trying to get it away from her while it disappeared down her gullet. I wrote her off as done (couldn’t catch her to treat). Scour went away and she gave me several healthy lambs thru the years.

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Seems awful "light" to be headed to camp... :idunno I would have expected a camp bound steer to be in the 1000-1200lb+ range... No idea what breed though so again, :hu Hope he turns out delicious for you!
He is a dark brown Gok- God only knows. Seriously a longhorn mutt of some sort. We’ve had good luck with these however and they aren’t too expensive. He’s definitely cheeky though. I’m going to be happy to have him in the freezer. T minus one week.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
He is a dark brown Gok- God only knows. Seriously a longhorn mutt of some sort. We’ve had good luck with these however and they aren’t too expensive. He’s definitely cheeky though. I’m going to be happy to have him in the freezer. T minus one week.
By 'light' I'm pretty sure LS was referring to it's weight not color.

Latest posts