You dont know true pain until....

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey, that one time was when I was walking through one of the really tall gates and 5 hungry does jumped on it, causing my hand to slip and the upright bar knocked my head a good one. Brat goats! :love :gig

I was talking about the time you walked into the overhead beam. :lol:

My goodness... I am seeing lots of toes being stepped on. Maybe steel toed boots for you guys. :plbb

Finger pounding is one of the worst.

Sorry but pinky toes and fingers have to be the worst.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a couple of really bad memories!

I was walking down a road when a big, BIG dog was on a chain in some folks yard. It was lunging and hitting the end of the chain when the chain broke. I thought that dog was coming after me, but it just wanted to be loose. That dog ran right past me with the chain flying along behind him. The end of that chain slapped my leg and wrapped around it at least twice. I've gotta tell you that when that dog hit the end of that chain...it popped my leg up, my butt down, and my head hit the pavement. It was NOT pretty...

The next story is worse! I was boarding a horse for some folks. This was a big ol' mare. She was huge - over 16 hands and probably 1300 + lbs. She was heavy in foal and I was in the stall with her. She had been out that day and had gotten muddy so I was grooming her. I was standing at her withers, facing her rear with my hand on her neck. I was slightly bent over rubbing mud off of her belly when she turned on me. She reached around and with her mouth wide open grabbed me right under my right arm and lifted me off the ground shaking me like I was a rag doll. She dropped me and came at me with her front feet. The only thing that saved me was that she dropped me right at the gate and I rolled under. Where she grabbed me, under my arm was right over my ribcage and I had a massive amount of trauma to those muscles along with bruised/cracked ribs. The swelling was so bad that it was like having another boob under my arm, lol. But, it was very traumatic! No doubt in my mind that she would have killed me if I hadn't gotten under that stall gate.

My first (and last) horned goat rammed my knee and dislocated my knee cap.

But, on the positive side there was an occasion when I needed to worm a goat with injectable Ivomec - I wormed myself. I can say that Ivomec burns, and I can also say that I was worm free for awhile, lol.

Oh, and then there was the time that MY VET stabbed me with a needle that had already been in a goat's vein.

You have animals - you're gonna have injuries of some kind.

And yes, it does hurt when a pig steps on your toe. That happened to my very sore foot AGAIN today!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was reading going :ep :ep :ep and again :ep then came this part...
But, on the positive side there was an occasion when I needed to worm a goat with injectable Ivomec - I wormed myself. I can say that Ivomec burns, and I can also say that I was worm free for awhile, lol.

:lol::lol::lol: still laughing! :gig:gig:gig

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Holy moly that it why I'm afraid of horses
I've had horses all my life and I can honestly say that's the only time that something that drastic has ever happened. That horse was pure evil. There was another time when she kicked at me when I was feeding. I flinched and pushed the feed bucket between us and she ended up kicking the bucket, lol. Her foot went between the handle on the bucket and the bucket itself and she ended up wearing that bucket on her leg for a few minutes and she panicked. She was tearing around that 20 acres with that bucket stuck on her foot and chasing her all the way. It was a bit of poetic justice! And, also the last time she kicked at me. p.s. Her foal was as crazy as she was...

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow! What a miserable mare! No know they're not all like that. I just don't like being around animals that can hurt you that badly. I won't raise cows for the same reason.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
My goats are usually not the cause of my injuries, mine are just things like slipping in the mud, tripping over rocks, running into trailer hitches, etc. I can't blame that on them. Probably my biggest pain in the barnyard is the hot wire. :lol: And I can happily say that I haven't wormed myself yet or had my CDT shot.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow @frustratedearthmother that is awful!
I'm not a huge horse person, for that reason! Our friends' sister is paralyzed due to a horse accident :(

My worst are the concussions and the one time my hand/wrist got slammed.

I was helping move some bucks and sheep around. Sheep and goats were in the same pen and the sheep was in heat, causing all kind of chaos. The bucks were getting frisky and starting to spar. Me & several others went in to get them separated.
I'm standing in the pen, and the huge meat goat goes to slam the other buck....into me... and my hand/wrist got the worst of it. A 200lb buck had just given my hand a full blow, it was terrible. I was actually knocked down too. It seemed ok (just hurt) but I will occasionally still have issues with it. :idunno

Goats :rolleyes:

Latest posts