You dont know true pain until....

micah wotring

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@micah wotring I have a cousin that is no agriculturally inclined or at all a 'tomboy' as I was/am. I reluctantly let her drive the 4-Wheeler after her begging me and my bot cousins to let her. BAD CHOICE! She forgot there was an irrigation canal/ditch around the front of my uncle property and drove into it. Full speed. I was on the back, she went flying forward and I jumped off and pushed the 4Wheeler back as it was trying to fall backwards on me :confused:
We stupidly let her try once again and she ran into a tree. That was the last time :smack
XD my sister rode smack into a bright red, parked, 15 passenger van within the first 10 seconds the first(and last lol) time she rode.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
@micah wotring I have a cousin that is no agriculturally inclined or at all a 'tomboy' as I was/am. I reluctantly let her drive the 4-Wheeler after her begging me and my bot cousins to let her. BAD CHOICE! She forgot there was an irrigation canal/ditch around the front of my uncle property and drove into it. Full speed. I was on the back, she went flying forward and I jumped off and pushed the 4Wheeler back as it was trying to fall backwards on me :confused:
We stupidly let her try once again and she ran into a tree. That was the last time :smack

Um, you let her do it again?? :thAnd if she had no idea what she was doing why were you on the back the FIRST time?? Lucky to be alive. If that thing had fallen on you , major damage or death resulting! Glad that didn't happen.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Speaking of 4-wheelers ive had two 4-wheeler accidents.

When i was about 14 i was at my grandparents farm and my sister and i were allowed for the first time ever to ride the quads ourselves without an adult. So i wanted to race my sister, first sign of stupid. So there i was flying full throttle, while standing up on the 4-wheeler....across my grandparents fallow field...that had plow lines in it under the grass. It looked flat, but the 4-wheeler hit one of those plow lines just right and launched me off of it up into the air, next thing i recall is the ground coming towards my face so i put my hand down to "stop" it. i broke my hand and lost my eyesight for approximately 2hrs, later we found out it was from shock.

Accident number 2 is even more stupid :hide We were out camping with a new boyfriend of mine and his friends when i was 17. They had a banshee 4-wheeler and though it would be awesome to make a jump...out of sand where we were camping. So we constructed a ramp approx 6ft tall out of sand. It was really fun to jump it, the first 20 people until the one side wore down. Then i hit the ramp and was over to far so the 4-wheeler tried to turn sideways in mid-air. The only thing i could think to do was jump off the 4-wheeler so it wouldnt land on me. Me jumping off righted the 4-wheeler and i ended up hitting the ground/sand and sliding 5ft. Dislocated both of my hips and then continued to camp for 3 more days with the dislocated.:smack

Yeah now i dont drive 4-wheelers anymore and im afraid of anything that goes fast or off the ground.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I went airborne on my 650 Honda back in the early 80's when I got ran off the road on I-55 heading out of Memphis. Luckily for me the Mississippi River had just receded from a flood and where I landed was soupy mud. I almost drowned trying to get my breath from a collapsed lung but not another scratch other than my whole backside was bruised a few days later from the impact. Trooper estimated I flew almost 60'.

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
lets see, it could be the time I was feeding my horse a cookie and he accidently took my fingers along with it. when I went to swat his nose so he would spit me out he jerked up and lifted me up off the ground by my middle and fore fingers. he was 15 hands high and I am 4'9". yup, that hurt. or it could be the time I went to catch a 4 month old goat wether that I was saving to butcher. as my hand came down his head came up and he drove his sharp little horn thru the web between my right thumb and fore finger. in the palm and out the other side. that hurt too. now everyone at my house gets dehorned no matter their later purpose in life. or the time I was running my horse thru ds#1's pasture down in texas and he dodged under the guy wire on a power pole and hung me by the neck. ya know how in the cartoons you go round and round the wire, well in real life you just swing up once and hit the ground hard. yup, that hurt too. still have neck problems now and then. or the time we were in the mountains of eastern Oklahoma horseback riding and the little arab mare I was on decided to vacate the space beneath me and I landed face first on a rock about the size of a wash tub. concussion out of that one. I can't count the times a horse has stepped on me. a goat has knocked me over buy one learns a new lesson every time. wouldn't life be boring without animals

Latest posts