You know they're city if...

Dutchgirl

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Like "You know you're country if..." but in reverse. Tell how you know if someone is city! I'll start:

They are fascinated with the hairdos on your Polish and Sultan chickens. (true)

They have to be reassured several times before even tasting the venison that one of the family members got.

They make conversation by saying: "Did you hear about how that famous singer is going to have triplets?" or "What games have you got on your DS?" (To which you reply: "No, who is she," and "What's a DS, I don't have one.")

rabbitlady4433

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
You know their city when........they cringe when they ask what your eating, and the reply isn't chicken or beef.

Mea

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
You know they're city when ... they say "Milk comes from the store ! Not from an animal...ewwwww ! "

:lol:

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
You know they are a "city kid" when they say, "I can't go in there (the barn)! I might step in poo or pee!"

This was said by my 6 year old nephew to my 4 year old son when son asked nephew if he wanted to go check out the goats! :gig

jason_mazzy

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
You know they are city when they tell you they only eat eggs from the store, not from chickens butts.....................

DouglasPeeps

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
jason_mazzy said:
You know they are city when they tell you they only eat eggs from the store, not from chickens butts.....................
This has actually been said to me. :he

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
When they ask if I milk the male goats. Yes, my coworker (37 yrs old) asked me that! :lol:

cattlecait

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
...if they ask "How could you eat your own pet?" (the chickens)

...if you're told "How can you eat a cute, fluffy bunny?"

...your poor Husband might be city if he refuses to eat the meat if it has bones or skin.

...if their truck is clean.

...if their boots are neatly polished and it's not Sunday.

...if they "rode a horse once a the fair" and that qualifies them to help round up cattle, whether it needs done or not.

...when they ask how you can get eggs with no rooster.

...if they think that the turkey loaf they bought for Sunday dinner was a turkey breast. (my Grandma)

cattlecait

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
rabbitlady4433 said:
You know their city when........they cringe when they ask what your eating, and the reply isn't chicken or beef.
"Duck, what?! You're eating a duck?! Is that chicken in the fridge? What do you mean it's rabbit?!"

Haha been there! :lol:

michickenwrangler

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
When you go on about how you just love beef but when someone offers you some steaks from the 1/4 beef they got, you freak out and run to Kroger to buy some nice, pale things in cellophane.

True story. My dad loves to barbecue and when we offered him some ribeye from our beef we bought, he refused. He couldn't eat something if he knew it was once alive. :rolleyes:

Latest posts