You might be a redneck if... share your stories we need the laughs

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got a local couple( now pushing late 70's) here that converted a yellow school bus to a cattle hauler.... load 'em in the back and they get hauled home to his farm. The auctioneer will knock the calves ( he buys steer calves in the 400 + lb range) off, to the Dull's..... " load em up on the bus......."

Longhornbreeder101

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
But then we have our step sister who does jumping and she thinks she’s better than everyone and hates getting her hands dirty so we’re always grooming her horse and mucking her stalls so here’s one of her videos lol we almost taught her horse barrel racing but we’re not that mean so we helped with jumping but we may have slipped a little barrel racing in his blood hehe but lemme hush lol here’s her jumping video

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
My family is super country but I think I’m the most bravest Of them all I do barrel racing and I ride bucking Broncos here’s a photo of me ignore the other pic that my little sister barrel racing my horse.View attachment 81637
That's a great picture! I admire your courage. 😍
And your little sister is all legs, lol!

PattyNH

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
My parents had sheep (among other livestock) when I was growing up. I was a "latchkey kid", which I prefer to call well trained. Starting in 1st grade one of my chores during lambing season was to check on the pregnant ewe right after I got home. I never once told the nuns at my Catholic school that I'd often end up shoulder deep in a ewe having a hard delivery before starting my homework 😂😂 It was all good though, I knew enough to bring the cordless phone to the barn with me in case I had to call my mom for help! 🙌🐑