You might be country if ...

Lil-patch-of-heaven

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Lol I think 90% of those are true for us!

And not only do my outside shoes have animal excrement on them but -- once again -- I forgot to change shoes at the door so now my indoor shoes do too.

Fortunately I adopted a "NO shoes on the carpet" policy years ago. It paid off too ... Well, until a goatling got curious while waiting for her bottle to heat and wandered off towards the cats' room ...

Sigh.

Mea

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
wYs Ranch said:
around our place you will always step in something... so we just admit it and warn everyone up front....we're calling our farm the..

Watch Your Step Ranch!
Love that !! :gig

SweetDreams

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
You know you're country...

-When you use the experience in nursing your own kids to milk a sheep....

-When the kitchen table sees more eggs to incubate than to eat....

-When the 2 y.o. DD already knows the what a tractor ride is- and will throw a fit if not allowed a turn....

-When instead of planning a porch or deck, you are wanting to buy lumber for a new coop.....

-When Craigliist is used to price the market for livestock....

-When your "real" job gets in the way of lambing season....

(I could go ON and ON....):love

Iwantgoats

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
michickenwrangler said:
YOU are the embarrassing country cousin at family reunions
:lol: all my family is from NY city and they are almost all rich. But whenever I go to family gatherings, they always ask about my animals. City people don't know what they are missing.

The Egg Bandit

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Iwantgoats said:
michickenwrangler said:
YOU are the embarrassing country cousin at family reunions
:lol: all my family is from NY city and they are almost all rich. But whenever I go to family gatherings, they always ask about my animals. City people don't know what they are missing.
Actually, because they ask, there is some wee tiny part of them that DOES know that they are missing something. Same with the rest of my family. I am delighted to be the Black Sheep of my family. (BTW - Anyone know where I can get a black sheep? Gotta have one, it'll be my farm mascot.)

sunnygoats

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
- When you hear your husband talking to someone outside and instinctively know he's talking to either the cat, the chickens or the goats.

- When your clothes smell like a barnyard and you think that they really don't smell THAT bad.

- Whe you refer to store bought milk as "that cow stuff".

- When you are having an animated conversation on the little known facts about table eggs and think you are really interesting.

- When you get the feeling that everyone who visits you considers it a field trip.