You might be country if ...

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
@farmerjan sure hope the knee replacement goes Well for ya...they want to do mine, but I won't let them...haven't talked to a single person that says they'd do it again...plus I have a really messed up foot on the same leg...Doc had to agree with me when I told him that there wasn't a reason for the knee if the foot isn't better...I told him I thought it to be better to just take off the leg above the knee...he agreed :)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
When the Wind and the Direction of it 'Dictates' whether ya have TV, Cell, or Internet 'Signal'....oh, and the Leaves on the trees affect it too!!....we just have a TV antenna....no Satelite connection.

If nobody can Find ya cause it doesn't show on their GPS...

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
@farmerjan sure hope the knee replacement goes Well for ya...they want to do mine, but I won't let them...haven't talked to a single person that says they'd do it again...plus I have a really messed up foot on the same leg...Doc had to agree with me when I told him that there wasn't a reason for the knee if the foot isn't better...I told him I thought it to be better to just take off the leg above the knee...he agreed :)
My FIL had 2, my Uncle 1. Wife's cousin's husband had 2. All are quite happy with the outcome! Then we can add my Dad's ankle, my Uncle's wife's 2 hips. Again, happy! Oh, and the youngest of these was wife's cousin at about 70 years of age. Dad's ankle at 85, FIL's knees around 87, etc.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
My FIL had 2, my Uncle 1. Wife's cousin's husband had 2. All are quite happy with the outcome! Then we can add my Dad's ankle, my Uncle's wife's 2 hips. Again, happy! Oh, and the youngest of these was wife's cousin at about 70 years of age. Dad's ankle at 85, FIL's knees around 87, etc.
@Bruce Did your dad have an ankle replacement or a fusion? There have been some very mixed results in this area and by different doctors on the knee replacements. At this point I am doing something that is "considered alternative & experimental" PRP PROLOTHERAPY. It's been around since the 50's but since they cannot patent it so the doctors and drug companies can't make a million on it, it is not well accepted. Have done alot of research, talked to a bunch of people who have ALL been very happy with it. If it works as they say, it will rebuild my ankle and knee joints" tendons, ligaments and cartilidge. OF COURSE, it is not covered by insurance, but hey, with the ridiculously high deductibles nowadays, I have yet ever gotten anything paid for by insurance. My female doctor clued me in on it and so it is the route that I am taking at this point. Painful, but very little chance of the complications that surgery has. And I can go back to work a couple of days after, even if it is still hurting, like it was hurting before anyway....
The reason I had to put that in was because I was trying to time things, to have the knee done,then spring calving, then get through haying season, then fall calving, then have the ankle done late that year to take advantage of the fact that I would have used up my deductible. Plus the ankle they say I will be out for 6 months...
@CntryBoy777 My ankle is so bad 5 different drs want to fuse it, one has said replacement, and none give me more than a 50% chance of good results.....So I am not quite ready for a "slice and dice" of any joint. I have not yet found anyone that is dissatisfied with the prolotherapy, and I have gone online and talked to alot of people in the drs office that said yes it hurts, and yes they will do it again if it means no surgery. Kobe Bryant went to germany for a similiar type procedure and highly recommends it. Have now had 3 treatments and they say I may need up to 12 to get the ankle in fair to good shape due to the wear & tear & damage done over the years pounding on concrete. Still seems worth it to try to save my own joints.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
My father's ankle was replaced. We didn't even know that was possible.

I can see trying the PRP. Kind of like when I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. Stick with the device from hell (CPAP), rip out body parts and see if that works (if not, sorry but can't put them back) or an oral device similar to 2 retainers that hook together. I went for the non surgical method. Quite happy with it for the last 15 or so years.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
My father's ankle was replaced. We didn't even know that was possible.

I can see trying the PRP. Kind of like when I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. Stick with the device from hell (CPAP), rip out body parts and see if that works (if not, sorry but can't put them back) or an oral device similar to 2 retainers that hook together. I went for the non surgical method. Quite happy with it for the last 15 or so years.

Yeah, I figured that if this didn't work then I was " only out money" haha, but still had all the original parts. I have since talked to a couple other friends, and they do something very similiar on horses and also on dogs that are used in field trials and such. The guy with the show ponies, that are shown in driving classes, said it is very common and he knew exactly what I was talking about when I mentioned it. Said it is the only way to go to keep an animals "legs under them".
I can definitely see trying the non-surgical method for the sleep apnea; know a couple of people who have the "machines from he11". They say ankle replacement is about 10-15 years behind say knee replacement, but the one younger dr. that suggested it seemed very positive. After the arthroscopic on my knee and not very good results, I am just not sold on all that surgery and then so much recovery. If there are no other options, then okay; but I want to try any/every thing I can first.