You might be country if ...

Trail rider

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
When you can understand a auctioneer.

Know when all the livestock auctions are but can't remember a pta meeting.

Won't go to the doctor when almost dying, call a vet when your prized animal gets the sniffles.

michickenwrangler

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You maker your daughter late for school because you have to stop at the vet's first

The local elementary school has a field trip to the dairy farm across the street (next week! DD gets to go! No buses needed)

The vet recognizes your voice when you call

kapfarm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Your house smells like a chicken coop!

You have manure stuck to the bottom of your church shoes!:bow

Your electric bill skyrockets in the spring instead of winter. (BIGGG incubator)

melissa09

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Your 9 yr old daughter is thrilled that she has the most animals in her class because of the 38 chicks you got on Wed..and the 10 other chickens you have..
The four dogs you have (and you are giving the female) to your parents so that you can find something to replace it with..( A peacock or peahen)
The youngens are excited because you got a new rabbit when you got the 38 chicks too. :love

parjackson

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
you'd rather have a gift card to TSC than a new diamond ring...

your husband and little boys have peeing contests out back and you don't have to worry about the neighbors seeing them...

rain clouds make you giddy because you won't have to haul water to the garden and orchard...

your kids would rather run outside and see the critters first thing in the morning than stare at a tv...

your daughter nonchalantly announces to her seldom visiting (city) grandpa that the boy ducks are chasing the girl duck because they want to mate with her...

your 5yo son states that a drake's "genitalia" resembles a gummy worm, and you manage to not spit out the iced tea you were trying to drink...

michickenwrangler

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
parjackson said:
you'd rather have a gift card to TSC than a new diamond ring...

your husband and little boys have peeing contests out back and you don't have to worry about the neighbors seeing them...

rain clouds make you giddy because you won't have to haul water to the garden and orchard...

your kids would rather run outside and see the critters first thing in the morning than stare at a tv...

your daughter nonchalantly announces to her seldom visiting (city) grandpa that the boy ducks are chasing the girl duck because they want to mate with her...

your 5yo son states that a drake's "genitalia" resembles a gummy worm, and you manage to not spit out the iced tea you were trying to drink...
:lol:

I had to haul water last summer so I know what you mean!

the funny farm6615

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
ok i have girls that have no problem with peeing outside.

and regular dinner conversation for us makes family members want to throw up.

my uncle built his oun cannon- yet we are the hicks in the family, becouse we raise 75-80% of our food.(i mostly buy flower and sugar) {i havent bought store eggs in 2-3 years!}

someone in town was cutting down a tree and when we asked what he was going to do with the wood the kids couldnt belive that he was going to take it to the dump.

Hollywood Goats

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Iwantgoats said:
-you are taking care of animals IN YOUR DREAMS!!
Totally! I am always having dreams that I am caring for the animals!