Young buck with "dog log" poop, please help

n1pita

Just born
Reaction score
Hello. I have a buck that is about 5 months old and yesterday he started having the "dog log" poops; it was green. He still ate and drank water and acted normal. Today the poop is a range from green to brown but still logs. I gave him some De-wormer today and his temp is 103.2. Anyone know what could be wrong with him? We have received a lot of rain the past few weeks so our dead lawn is now back to green so I have been letting him out more, but for a while he was getting more hay. My other buck is fine, but he is also a month older. Nothing has really changed beside the rain. thank you.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Green poop is generally dietary, so that nice fresh green grass is likely your culprit. Dog logs are a mild form of scouring / diarrhea. Since seems to be diet related I would just give 3x the dosage of probios for a couple of days until the poop returns to normal pellets. No need to over worry :)

AshleyFishy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
elevan said:
Green poop is generally dietary, so that nice fresh green grass is likely your culprit. Dog logs are a mild form of scouring / diarrhea. Since seems to be diet related I would just give 3x the dosage of probios for a couple of days until the poop returns to normal pellets. No need to over worry :)
2x + a bit of nice dry hay.

n1pita

Just born
Reaction score
Thank you very much. He is back to normal now.

Latest posts