Herd Master
Reaction score
Very cute:love:love
Congrats!!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Congrats. nice looking little piggies. You know on the opening page, the owner can change the title... :D =D

arrowti

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I found it and changed it! hehe.

The piglets are doing great. They're running around and playing. I bet I'll see them playing outside within a few days just by how active and strong they are. The mother is also doing great. She's been eating, drinking, and up walking around since she came out of labor and has no signs of any issues. She's actually really great with them, steps carefully, and always checks both sides for piglets before lying down.

We were worried about her motherly instincts as she had her piglets right out in the middle of open land, no nest, no shelter, nothing! But she's doing great. :)

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I found it and changed it! hehe.

The piglets are doing great. They're running around and playing. I bet I'll see them playing outside within a few days just by how active and strong they are. The mother is also doing great. She's been eating, drinking, and up walking around since she came out of labor and has no signs of any issues. She's actually really great with them, steps carefully, and always checks both sides for piglets before lying down.

We were worried about her motherly instincts as she had her piglets right out in the middle of open land, no nest, no shelter, nothing! But she's doing great. :)

If the weather is temperate i have seen some of the closer to heritage breeds not make a nest really at all when on pasture. Just kind of picked a spot. Wild hog make small nests but dont look for shelter or anything, the piglets are covered up in the nest.

Anyhow im glad they are doing well and she is being an excellent mother.

Latest posts