Youngfarmer2019 3:19 farms Journal

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We will be undergoing an experimental, possibly, but most likely not, temporary rescue. I will not be sharing details at this time, just that this particular animal isn’t coming from a bad situation necessarily, only that the owner is in a difficult position right now. The whole thing is kinda sketchy but we’re going into it on tiptoes.

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Penny’s litter is growing up! I’m hoping this little black one is a doe, I’m trying to keep my original line going and this is my pick of the litter.
181231BD-73E6-4F64-9190-409056DF87B4.jpeg
3D3E5CBC-7386-47DC-94CA-1F8F7AE12505.jpeg

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Okay, so nobody judge please, no hate or telling me I'm taking things too fast, I've already heard it on another forum. We helped a person out and took in her horse because she was going through a divorce and has a 3 month old son she has to take care of right now. The horse, named Naomi, is a Paint/Appaloosa cross and has a few faults. She hasn’t been worked in about a year (due to the lady going through a high risk pregnancy) and is a “forgetful” mare. It tore the lady up to give her away, she was crying. We introduced tucker and Naomi slowly (veeeerrry slowly) and then let them loose, it is evident that they both needed a friend and Tucker is now in love, the sweet boy. He freaked out when he lost sight of her (I had led him into the barn and the lady was closing the gate) and whinnied until he saw her again. The lady said Naomi keeps her weight on pasture and hay only and needs no grain, we are more focused on her weight than tucker due to her being prone to being overweight. She is high strung and a little skittish but we will work with her every day from now on until she calms down.
9D084E8D-A475-4A9F-BB1F-CDB7ACEF7171.jpeg
6DC61468-9290-42E2-8FB9-F300443170F1.jpeg
FAA8781A-1C85-4FDA-B2DF-332A980007F3.jpeg
7156FBA3-2DA3-4D71-AC5A-6610CBC02E50.jpeg

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Okay, so nobody judge please, no hate or telling me I'm taking things too fast, I've already heard it on another forum. We helped a person out and took in her horse because she was going through a divorce and has a 3 month old son she has to take care of right now. The horse, named Naomi, is a Paint/Appaloosa cross and has a few faults. She hasn’t been worked in about a year (due to the lady going through a high risk pregnancy) and is a “forgetful” mare. It tore the lady up to give her away, she was crying. We introduced tucker and Naomi slowly (veeeerrry slowly) and then let them loose, it is evident that they both needed a friend and Tucker is now in love, the sweet boy. He freaked out when he lost sight of her (I had led him into the barn and the lady was closing the gate) and whinnied until he saw her again. The lady said Naomi keeps her weight on pasture and hay only and needs no grain, we are more focused on her weight than tucker due to her being prone to being overweight. She is high strung and a little skittish but we will work with her every day from now on until she calms down.View attachment 97564View attachment 97565View attachment 97566View attachment 97567
No hate or saying 'why'd you do that' from me! Good for you. I know you and your family have thought about this, you've got the room and the time - WTG! :thumbsup

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
What in the world would be 'too fast' about this?
She's lovely. Tucker might help her learn a few extra manners. And her presence will not only help him be more comfortable but will give you a whole new set of training opportunities for him that will make him just that much more of an all-around sound and unflappable companion.
Congrats!!!!