Youngfarmer2019 3:19 farms Journal

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Those freckles :love
I've ALWAYS loved appaloosas. Every one that I've known were wonderfully kind, intelligent .. and a little bit nuts. ;)
We use to say they were the Almond Joy of the horse world.
Yep me too!! And that about sums her up, very smart, sassy, yet loves attention and just wants to please

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We are thinking of the names 'Bella', short for 'Arabella' or 'Dakota' we will decide by tonight though.

She was very skittish with one of my sisters yesterday. I got to see first hand how our attitude can affect our horses when one person in the horse's presence got worked up/angry and frightened of the new mare, both horses tensed up (at this point, we had Tucker saddled and I was up on his back) and got very jumpy. I calmed Tucker down and asked the person to hand the mare's lead rope over to my brother. I got down off Tuck and took all his tack off, got him brushed down and turned him loose. Got the new mare's halter on (she's easy to catch as long as Tucker is nearby) and brushed her and brushed her and brushed her till she got calmed down and very sleepy. It was cute:love I took her halter off and she stood still with her eyes closed as I pet her neck and head all over her nose and eyes, she just loved it. I thought I knew love when I got Tucker, but this mare was meant for me and Tucker for my sister. She matches my energy and I love being around her, I can't stand it when I have to leave.

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Here's some more pics of Dakota's coloring and her crazy personality. Also the pic where I'm crouching in front of her, no she is not pinning her ears, she hears tucker and my sister standing behind her 😆
As she sheds out more and more speckles are showing up all over, she's going to be stunning when she's fully shedded out her winter coat.
IMG-9868.jpg
IMG-9867.jpg
IMG-9854.jpg
IMG-9848.jpg
IMG-9847.jpg
IMG-9846.jpg
IMG-9845 (1).jpg
IMG-9844 (1).jpg

Latest posts