Youngfarmer2019 3:19 farms Journal

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The surprise came today! Officially the cutest animals on our farm! Show quality Suri Alpacas ‘Cuzco’ and ‘Nazca’
IMG_2681.jpeg
IMG_2683.jpeg

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Alpaca wool is so soft! Will you be learning to shear, spin and knit? Maybe you could buy wool from @secuono from her Southdown Baby Doll sheep to blend with the alpaca.
Shear? yes. Spin and knit? No. We will be shipping the wool off to a company that sorts it based off quality to be made into different fiber products that we will be selling at the farmers market.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Shear? yes. Spin and knit? No. We will be shipping the wool off to a company that sorts it based off quality to be made into different fiber products that we will be selling at the farmers market.
My absolute FAVORITE leashes and long lines are alpaca. They are treasures - took me awhile to use them because they were sooo nice. In use they are even nicer - soft, strong and light weight. THE BEST. Got mine at a craft fair - and of course can't find any now.

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
My absolute FAVORITE leashes and long lines are alpaca. They are treasures - took me awhile to use them because they were sooo nice. In use they are even nicer - soft, strong and light weight. THE BEST. Got mine at a craft fair - and of course can't find any now.
Is it like these:

Decent price. I also found a site with way more expensive ones. That look more geared towards horses/lead ropes.

My absolute (so far) favorite dog leash is a supple leather one I got in ‘97. Just the right width and foldable. NOT braided! I cannot find any like it any more. They are all too thick and stiff and braided. Or too thin, which is ok, but not the same.

I wonder if I would like the alpaca one. Shipping is $10. I might just order one. 🤔 I have an email in to them about current color choices.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is it like these:

Decent price. I also found a site with way more expensive ones. That look more geared towards horses/lead ropes.

My absolute (so far) favorite dog leash is a supple leather one I got in ‘97. Just the right width and foldable. NOT braided! I cannot find any like it any more. They are all too thick and stiff and braided. Or too thin, which is ok, but not the same.

I wonder if I would like the alpaca one. Shipping is $10. I might just order one. 🤔 I have an email in to them about current color choices.
OMG - those are very similar!! One of mine is rope-like, another is a flat braid, and the longest I made when I found alpaca yard (yeah desperate enough to make my own).
I'm definitely going to check them out and OMG they are in the same county! Just about an hour away. You have no idea how many times I've tried to find that over the years.
THANKS!!!! :thumbsup