Youngfarmer2019 3:19 farms Journal

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We ended up naming our little buckling Cupid, the rest of the bucks will be sold and he will have the ladies all to himself 😏
IMG_1534.jpeg

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I’ve avoided mentioning it, but I’ve been sick for a while now. Last Wednesday when I cleaned out the coop, started coughing that night. Woke up Thursday morning to a sore throat, headache, lingering cough. Cough continued throughout the weekend until I went down with a fever Sunday afternoon/evening. Woke up several times during the night throwing up, diarrhea (sry if that’s TMI, I tend to be blunt) fever getting worse over Sunday evening and into Monday. Pretty much laid in bed all day Monday and Tuesday. Didn’t eat anything all day Sunday Monday and Tuesday, couldn’t keep fluids down, diarrhea still, very very very dehydrated. Mom called in antibiotics and I took my first dose last night. Almost didn’t keep that down, and my poor parents, it was their anniversary 🤦‍♀️. Woke up this morning and feel better, not much nausea (still have the dreadful runs) able to keep food and drink down, pumped full of antibiotics and sugar free Gatorade for electrolytes. My animals have been sorely neglected, waters broken, not fed on time or at all due to lack of experience on my siblings part (bless them for trying to help tho I’ve thanked them every day!)
Was able to go out and feed rabbits this morning, had to sit down 5 or 6 times while I was out there just because I’m so weak. Overall I’m feeling better though, we leave to go camping tomorrow thru Sunday, I don’t really know if I’m up for it.

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I bought katahdin hair sheep! I went to a livestock auction last night expecting to come home with a bottle calf or two because they had posted on FB that they were going to have a couple but instead I came home with these beauties! Three ewes and a ram! Any info on sheep that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated 😊
IMG_2209.jpeg
IMG_2210.jpeg
IMG_2213.jpeg