Your backyard?

CritterZone

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
BrownSheep said:
CritterZone said:
None of the critters are going to make us rich, but the chores involved to keep the place up keep us out of trouble :)
My sister was talking with her employer ( a vet) about retired folk. He stated they either a) needed to get a hobby to keep them busy , b) t another job, or c) go crazy. Her reply was that everybody should just keep a flock of sheep. He just laughed and laughed and laughed.

Animals really are a hobby that turns into a job that will keep you plenty busy. Only downside is they will drive you to insanity instead of keeping you from it.
The SO and I both have full time jobs, in addition to all the critters, and my job keeps me away from the farm 4 days a week. It is cheaper to have a second house than to rent, so in addition to the 200 acres, I also have a house with a small yard in the city, where I have two cats, a dog, and a small veggie garden :) We talked my retired parents into farm sitting for us for 10 days so we could take a vacation together - the first in 5 years. They agreed, but couldn't get home to their quite and animal free routines fast enough after we returned.