Your "Bill of Sale" forms?

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
I need to make a bill of sale form for my sheep for one registry, so I am wondering what everyone else uses. What does your form say? Did you use an online form or make your own?

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I use the ADGA form, it has the date of sale, name and address of buyer, the animals name, DOB, Reg # and Sire and Dam. My signature, ID#, and address. If the animal isn't registered I use the same form and write unregistered on it. If I have time I white out the ADGA stuff and make a copy and use that.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pearce Pastures posted one quite awhile back that might be available with a search. It's a PDF but I converted it to Word to make a better fit for our use.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
I borrowed this one and used internet ones to piece together. Asked my sister, but something confuse her. I bolded the section she didn't get. I kinda don't get it either.

LIVESTOCK BILL OF SALE

Date of Sale:_______________________

Sold To:___________________________ Sold By:

Street Address:_____________________ Street Address:

City/State/Zip:_____________________ City/State:

Phone #:__________________________ Phone #:

Email Address:_____________________ Email Address:

All lambs and sheep that leave _________ are fit and healthy. They will have their CD&T vaccine, either their 1st, 2nd or yearly booster, based on age and will be de-wormed. Once the lamb or sheep is released to the buyer, we are not liable for any illness, injury, death, or veterinary fees due to improper feeding, handling, housing, medication, miscellaneous ailments and so forth as we cannot guarantee proper care of the lamb or sheep after purchase. It is the buyer's responsibility to thoroughly research the proper care of the lamb or sheep. Buyer assumes responsibility to present the lamb or sheep to a veterinarian for said inspection. All veterinary certificates and inspection costs are the sole responsibility of the buyer and will be added to the purchase price of the lamb or sheep. We will answer any and all questions regarding the care of lambs or sheep to the best of our knowledge. We are not a substitute for veterinary care or advice if needed.

Pick-up of lambs is to be made at 8 weeks of age or older.
Payment accepted; cash or money order made payable to: ________.
Balance for the purchase of all lambs or sheep must be paid in full before they leave our farm.

This is to certify that on this __________ day of __________________, __________, the undersigned Seller, in consideration of the sum of $______________________ , sold to the undersigned Buyer the following described livestock, the title to which the Seller guarantees.

Scrapie Tag #:
Date of Birth/Age:
Color:
Sex:

Sheep received in good health ______________________
(Buyer Signature)

Seller & Buyer agree to hold harmless Forever Farms from any and all claims, demands, suits, or loss which are in any way connected or associated with use of this Bill of Sale.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
"Buyer assumes responsibility to present the lamb or sheep to a veterinarian for said inspection."

To me something appears to have been omitted. I'm guessing that the intent is to allow the buyer to have the animal vet checked with "said inspection" being paid for by the buyer but it needs to be clarified.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Actually, it appears the 2 sentences have been reversed in order (and should have a little additional verbage)... IMHO, it should say/read:

"All veterinary certificates and inspection costs are the sole responsibility of the buyer and will be added to the purchase price of the lamb or sheep (if said services are agreed, in advance, to be provided by seller. An additional charge will also be added for transporting animals to/from veterinarians for said services. Under normal circumstances, <-- should be added) Buyer assumes responsibility to present the lamb or sheep to a veterinarian for (any/all <-- should be added) said inspections."

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
All of that stuff in the middle does not belong on a bill of sale
All of that would be more appropriate in a contract to sell an animal
Particularly the last 3 lines, they aren't even relevant if you have the money and are giving a bill of sale:

All lambs and sheep that leave _________ are fit and healthy. They will have their CD&T vaccine, either their 1st, 2nd or yearly booster, based on age and will be de-wormed. Once the lamb or sheep is released to the buyer, we are not liable for any illness, injury, death, or veterinary fees due to improper feeding, handling, housing, medication, miscellaneous ailments and so forth as we cannot guarantee proper care of the lamb or sheep after purchase. It is the buyer's responsibility to thoroughly research the proper care of the lamb or sheep.Buyer assumes responsibility to present the lamb or sheep to a veterinarian for said inspection. All veterinary certificates and inspection costs are the sole responsibility of the buyer and will be added to the purchase price of the lamb or sheep. We will answer any and all questions regarding the care of lambs or sheep to the best of our knowledge. We are not a substitute for veterinary care or advice if needed.

Pick-up of lambs is to be made at 8 weeks of age or older.
Payment accepted; cash or money order made payable to: ________.
Balance for the purchase of all lambs or sheep must be paid in full before they leave our farm.

For a Bill of Sale all you need is:

LIVESTOCK BILL OF SALE

Date of Sale:_______________________

Sold To:___________________________ Sold By:

Street Address:_____________________ Street Address:

City/State/Zip:_____________________ City/State:

Phone #:__________________________ Phone #:

Email Address:_____________________ Email Address:

Scrapie Tag #:
Date of Birth/Age:
Color:
Sex:

Sheep received in good health ______________________
(Buyer Signature)

Seller & Buyer agree to hold harmless Forever Farms from any and all claims, demands, suits, or loss which are in any way connected or associated with use of this Bill of Sale.