Yup, we have a house goat....

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Where does she live outside? She is so small that she could probably squeeze through a cat door or a hole in a fence.

KinderKorner

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I had a baby goat in the house once. Thats where it all started. A crying baby goat at a livestock sale..... Imagine the neighbors surprise when we brought her home to our suburb house. She was great, and she didn't have accidents in the house. They can be potty trained for the most part if your careful and have enough time. We took her out alot, and after she napped and ate. She moved to the garage when she got big and started jumping off the furniture. :gig She ran free, and stayed in the yard. Only once did she go exploring to a neighbors. Well years later, and over 50 goats later we still have our little goatie. We have since moved to a farm , and goatie is still as spoiled as ever. She hates goats and refuses to be around them except her own children. She is the smartest darn animal I have ever seen. She can do many tricks including shaking hands, bowing, rearing, and asking yes or no questions. She can open doors, and locks, and loves to go on car rides. She will dig, climb, for trample any fence she is put in. So she runs free and does as she pleases, including sleeping on our porch everyday. She is a character that is for sure. It amazing how intelligent animals can be if given the time.

mydog8it

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
KinderKorner said:
She can do many tricks including shaking hands, bowing, rearing, and asking yes or no questions.
That is TOO adorable! I think ours are going to need to learn some tricks now. :)

KinderKorner

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Oh goats can be very smart. They are very food driven. :)

* I meant answering yes or no. Not asking. ;)