Yup, we have a house goat....

melody

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have 2 Nig D's and they are so anxious to come into the house where the big goats (us) live. One (Laverne) has snuck in a few times and she is filled with wonder. I can imagine the stories she tells to her sister, Shirley at night when they are going to sleep.

that's*satyrical

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Update on the house goat: She is now officially TOO BIG to be in the house!!! Pics below:

4920_16077.jpg

4920_173.jpg

4920_162.jpg

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
How can that Idow Biddy thing be too big to be in the house? I LOVE the picture of her leaning on the porch. It's so CUTE!

that's*satyrical

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Queen Mum said:
How can that Idow Biddy thing be too big to be in the house? I LOVE the picture of her leaning on the porch. It's so CUTE!
Hahahaha!!!! Ummm that widdow bidday thang can jump onto the countertop from the floor now and pogo's across the coffee table to the sofa to the chair without touching the ground. Too big for the house!!! LOL :lol:

oh & thanks!! :) we think she's pretty cute too!!

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
that's*satyrical said:
Queen Mum said:
Hahahaha!!!! Ummm that widdow bidday thang can jump onto the countertop from the floor now and pogo's across the coffee table to the sofa to the chair without touching the ground. Too big for the house!!! LOL :lol:

oh & thanks!! :) we think she's pretty cute too!!
That's just youthful exuberance! Speak calmly and firmly. It might work. :barnie Or try a bouncy chair... Or bungee cord her to a wall with an eye bolt and a harness? Just make sure the wall to which she rebounds is padded. She could be like my Caramel. (She liked the trampoline.)

that's*satyrical

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
padded room...hmmmm. do they make those for human & goat kids?? soundproofed?? Ok, so now I'm just dreaming ;)

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Sigh, I grew up on a farm, where we ate our pets. I thought I was a rational farmer. You'd think I would NEVER have gotten to the point where I LOVE my animals and bring them into the house. I swore I never would. And yet, here I am house mom to baby goats last spring. Oo'ing and aw'ing over the little tykes like they are people. Praying I'll have some more in a couple months. HAS MY BRAIN GONE TO MUSH!? :hide Have I gone over the edge? :sick Or is that JUST the power that goats. Any goats, including YOUR cute little Nigerian goats have over people?

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
I was out with my Little buck today (all 150 pounds of him) speaking to him about being a good date for a doe. And he looked up at me with his little brown eyes and his tongue sticking out, all smelly and I swear he had a little baby look on his face. Asking for my approval before spitting and blathering and then going to mate with a doe. I was so proud. What is wrong with me?

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Awwww, she's a cutie and NOT to big. You are a meanie. She can come live in my house.

Seriously, she is sweet.

Her disbudding really turned out well. Great job.

Wishing you all the luck with her. But remember, she can always come here. :)

Latest posts