Blessedfarmgirl's Journal

blessedfarmgirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Nice job!! Maybe the doe will like him better🤣
Thanks!
Maybe so...😂 I guess we'll see.
The reason I thought she was in heat is my ridiculous little 7 week old buckling was going crazy over her and chose today to start extending, 🫣 so I thought she might be in heat. I guess it was just the crazy kid after all. 😅
He sure cleaned up good! You and your sisters did a total makeover! What a difference.
He sure did!

blessedfarmgirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Avon got her shave next!

1000002224.jpg

1000002244.jpg

1000002234.jpg

Attachments

• 1000002234.jpg
    1000002234.jpg
    556 KB · Views: 8
  • 1000002238.jpg
    1000002238.jpg
    531.7 KB · Views: 7

blessedfarmgirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We found something horribly sad today. I'm still tearing up. Our road is just off a main highway and secluded, so we get a lot of dogs dumped. Today we found two starving little male puppies at the cemetery on our road. They had wandered through the gate and gotten stuck in the cemetery which has a chain link fence. They were so emaciated and pitiful. We were on our way home from a feed and grocery run so we broke open a bag of dog food and dropped them a little over the fence. The way they ate almost made me cry. It was terrible.
We came back later after dinner and chores with water and more food. Not much, since we don't want to overwhelm their systems. I added some goat milk and raw egg to their dog food. My dad loves dogs just as much as I do, and the two of us sat and talked to them while they inhaled the food and water. I still can't believe people do this. All the time. When there are so many better options. Even putting the dogs down would be more merciful.
Anyways. We are going to keep them at the cemetery for now, it's only a minute away and I don't have anywhere to keep them here at home, plus I don't think the LGDs would like them. We will probably call around to shelters and rescues tomorrow, though I WISH I could keep them. But certain members of my family would probably not agree to that.
Anyways. Thanks for listening to my rant. I know this happens all the time but I still feel horrible every time I see it.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
People like that need to be shot... I have NO SYMPATHY for anyone that does that to an animal. Yes, putting them down would be more merciful than letting them starve like that.
Bless your hearts for at least feeding them and giving them water... and yes, a shelter or rescue would be the best for them... at least they are equipped to deal with them... and they will get vet care and the best thing they can do... maybe someone will come along and adopt them once they are fed up and looking/feeling better.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
We found something horribly sad today. I'm still tearing up. Our road is just off a main highway and secluded, so we get a lot of dogs dumped. Today we found two starving little male puppies at the cemetery on our road. They had wandered through the gate and gotten stuck in the cemetery which has a chain link fence. They were so emaciated and pitiful. We were on our way home from a feed and grocery run so we broke open a bag of dog food and dropped them a little over the fence. The way they ate almost made me cry. It was terrible.
We came back later after dinner and chores with water and more food. Not much, since we don't want to overwhelm their systems. I added some goat milk and raw egg to their dog food. My dad loves dogs just as much as I do, and the two of us sat and talked to them while they inhaled the food and water. I still can't believe people do this. All the time. When there are so many better options. Even putting the dogs down would be more merciful.
Anyways. We are going to keep them at the cemetery for now, it's only a minute away and I don't have anywhere to keep them here at home, plus I don't think the LGDs would like them. We will probably call around to shelters and rescues tomorrow, though I WISH I could keep them. But certain members of my family would probably not agree to that.
Anyways. Thanks for listening to my rant. I know this happens all the time but I still feel horrible every time I see it.
You all have hearts of gold.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Will the county come get them? I lived in Smith county and first thing they asked was did we feed the dog? If the answer was yes, then they considered it your dog. Answer no and it’s a stray and they would even set a trap to catch it. Go figure. Just thought I’d throw that out there.

Of course there is no way you can drive by and not feed and water those poor puppies. Bless y’all for being so kind. Hopefully you can find a shelter to take them or might even find a home for them among your friends.

In Smith county, a no kill shelter takes the dogs from the county, when their “time “ runs out. Here in Trinity county the Sheriff has a pet adoption day at TSC and finds homes for dogs and cats. You might want to look into how strays are handled in your county.