2016, Waiting on Lambs!

ohiogoatgirl

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
OE is short for Old English babydolls I think.

x2 on the RR QR thing. I know its about genetics and some sort of resistance thing but I don't know.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Anyone wanna tell me what QR is? We only have Suffolk and none so far are registered.

QQ, QR & RR is the blood test results for Codon 171 scrapie resistance test.
QQ is most susceptible, while RR is most resistant. It's no guarantee, as RR can still get it, just highly unlikely. And QQ doesn't mean they will get it, just genetically likely. My first ewe was QQ, she's still around, having lambs at a new home and as fit as a horse! Well, as fit as an elderly horse could be...lol.

Last edited:

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
QQ, QR & RR is the blood test results for Codon 171 scrapie resistance test.
QQ is most susceptible, while RR is most resistant. It's no guarantee, as RR can still get it, just highly unlikely. And QQ doesn't mean they will get it, just genetically likely. My first ewe was QQ, she's still around, having lambs at a new home and as fit as a horse! Well, as fit as an elderly horse could be...lol.

Thanks much for the info. Is Scarpie prevalent in your area? We have not had a case found here in like 20+yrs so we just tag theirs ears and move along so to speak. I have never heard of anyone here testing for anything Scrapie related.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nope.
But many people in the Babydoll world seem to care about it. Then again, it seems like many out west don't care and we over in the east are picky over it. Idk why, I just go along with it. You can get a little more for RR lambs.

Few people seem to care about the other issues sheep can have when it comes to Babydolls. So I haven't tested for Johnes and such yet, not much demand for it at all.

I'm more worried about sore mouth. None of my sheep have ever had it and I don't want to add any new sheep from a flock whose had it either.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Made this originally for mini horses, but it loomed over the cab roof by a foot and I didn't like that. So trimmed it down and now it's a perfect sheep sized enclosure.

Can't wait to meet and bring home my new girls! ♡

It's 87 out, with a real feel of 95! =0 So I've been running out to do a little at a time, then coming back in to cool down. I'm still sick, so sweating buckets is exhausting! Just need to add bedding, strap the cage down and then I should be good to go! :)

edited_1464378429967.jpg

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Several days early, but I'm all set! :D
20160527_172650.jpg

DH complained about the mess they'll make....He didn't want to buy a used truck, so I decided to line it to try and keep the mess to a minimum. The brat! Lol
Super thin 0.35ml folded over, but better than nothing, I guess...lol.

Just need to find clips to close the door.....hmmm....