Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got 5 1/2” of rain, going to rain all weekend.

My sister is flooding now. She got her car out yesterday. If any of you see news on McDade park, that is across the street from her. Montgomery county, FM 2854 at the San Jancinto River is where she is. FM 2854 is underwater and closed. It was on channel 13 Houston news. 10 to 12 inches of rain fell upriver from her last night. 18” fell upriver Sunday night.

She just got her house finished from the flood in February.

Roads around here are underwater and closed. Schools all over the area are closed. All roads south of Livingston are flooded and closed.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My boneheaded sister turned down the rescue boat earlier today. Water was up to only 7 more steps on the stairs to the second story. Water came up another step. I talked to her several times and she finally accepted that she had to go. FEMA sent her buy out papers and she was angry, NOT going ANYWHERE! Staying HERE!
I told her they were fixing to cut her off and wouldn’t pay her anymore. She’d be stuck with a flooded unlivable shell of a house, she’d be homeless and broke. She pondered on that.

Her friend texted me and said they called the rescue boat and she was going downtown to pick her up.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My sister is going to take the buyout. It will be a long drawn out process, take a year or more. She will have to find a place to live and her life will be in turmoil. I hate that she is going to have all this to deal with but I’m so relieved to have her out of that house.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank God she finally got smart.... Hate how this is going to affect her life, but being in constant turmoil is ridiculous... obviously conditions have changed there since she and her husband settled there. You tried to get her to get out a couple years ago.... at least she is getting out with her life.... it could have been a real tragedy....

Will this put the trip on hold????

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Downtown Livingston is underwater. I lived there for 30 years and have never seen it like this.

Sheriff Woody Wallace of Trinity County is everywhere, taking care of people. Posting videos, letting people know what is going on. Power has been shut off on Doug Bell Road and Deer Run Road, for safety reasons. He is letting People know last call for rescue boat.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule ... do you normally get so much rain this early in the year? Not necessarily all the flooding, but even to get alot of rain if it is spread out more, in the spring? I don't think I could deal with that as well as the heat you get in the summer... I hate that it is in the mid-upper 80's here already....

Latest posts