Coffee anyone ?

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Insane Mallards... or... the reject Mallards that couldn't find a nice thawed pond.

That drake is standing on some submerged ice.
20240503_184016.jpg

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning everyone, can't say good since it's 3am. The second pot is already brewing and available for all.

Nothing like storms, nightmares, and back spasms to start the morning off. Had to do a root cause analysis yesterday afternoon for serious incident and my lovely imagination ramped it up by 1000%. Also standard nightmare about fired/laid off, etc that I get each time serious **** happens at work. That only happened 2 out 4 job moves so far.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning everyone, can't say good since it's 3am. The second pot is already brewing and available for all.

Nothing like storms, nightmares, and back spasms to start the morning off. Had to do a root cause analysis yesterday afternoon for serious incident and my lovely imagination ramped it up by 1000%. Also standard nightmare about fired/laid off, etc that I get each time serious **** happens at work. That only happened 2 out 4 job moves so far.

I hate those early AM wake ups. You have a lot on your mind, try to block it out and get some sleep.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Not even going to start with nightmares that happen here, though Johnny Cash sings a pretty good song that fits the bill of how some things are.
Going to soak up the next two days of sunlight cause come next week it's going to sound like Texas here with the rain. Might actually see the pond the piggies have been gleying fill up.

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
What I thought was an ankle sprain is an aggravation of an old foot fracture. As solo ranch hand I couldn’t stay off of it and now I’m on crutches. Bad me. If I went to a doctor I’d hear that I have a fracture, I should stay off of said foot, be given a boot and maybe some crutches, told to take some ibuprofen- that will be $300 please. Well I already have a boot, crutches and ibuprofen. I’m watching for fever and nausea and I’ve saved $300. So I’m in bed planning chores in this condition. And thinking about supplements because I can’t really reckon up the amount of foot bone damage to anything I did to cause it. Old age :tongue:tongue

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had a fabulous 3 day visit here with my bro and sis-inlaw. Messed around with the sheep some - always fun. The weather here was good, perfect though a bit cool, and this morning when they had to fly back to CO it was ...raining... WTH?!! That's not normal for here - it was basically spitty out. I feel for all you in TX and where ever else you're getting more than poured on and drenched (putting it mildly).
We drove passed where the two ram lambs I sold for pets (one was the one that I supplemented and brought back from the edge - makes my heart smile that he was chosen as a pet, he's super sweet) - so as we drove by they were where we could see them happily munching away on the over growth. Of course I put my window down and said "Sheepy, sheepy, sheepies" --:D =D and the both popped their heads up and looked 🐑🐑 :lol:.
Back to regular life, the break was sweet.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is pouring down rain here and thunder is epic. Hope storm dumps all the rain here before it reaches @Baymule and the flooded areas.
Pouring here, lots of lightening. If it rains in the Dallas area, it is the watershed for the Trinity River. It will roll on downriver to Lake Livingston, to the open floodgates, to flood already flooded areas. Likewise with the San Jancinto River.
I expect to be flooded in today, my road will be underwater in front of my farm. There is a bad washout that is eating away at the edge up near the paved road, after going over the first creek crossing. I went out yesterday in the truck and the road was getting narrow at that place. Today may wash it out enough to make it impassable. I stocked up on milk for the bottle lambs and alfalfa for the ewes with lambs. Plenty of feed and dogfood, I’m good and can sit it out. Let the road cowboys drive through the mud and water, not me! A woman that lives past me drove through flooded water on the road in February and had to put an $11,000 new engine in her car. It seems that cars don’t swim.

My neighbors may come get me for church in their 4WD. Since it will be raining all morning, the road will be worse when church is out, so I’m definitely not taking either one of my vehicles out.

Day is dawning, nary a sheep or dog to be seen. They are all huddled in my makeshift shelters. At least it keeps the pounding rain off of them.