Cow pregnant and in heat.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yesterday we had the breeder out for a cow that was in heat. He got here shortly after we got home and ended up stopping by the house to tell me that she was pregnant and he figured she settled by her October breeding. She had also been bred in December.

That crazy cow is showing signs of heat every other month even though she is bred! :rolleyes:

There is a risk that she could loose the calf because of coming in heat. Hopefully, not though. :fl

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
ive never seen or heard of them showing false heats that long.that is real strange.had a cow or 2 to show false heats before.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
GrassFarmerGalloway said:
False heat? That's rare! This is a medical marvel! :ep
I'm sure our vets can tell you many stories about the rare things we seem to have happen here but, that isn't one. Like wynedot said, it's not that rare. Usually it doesn't last this long though, just the first reg cycle or two.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
WildRoseBeef said:
Have you made sure she's bred?
The breeder found a calf the right size for her October breeding. He's been breeding cows long enough I will take him at his word.

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
WildRoseBeef said:
Have you made sure she's bred?
The breeder found a calf the right size for her October breeding. He's been breeding cows long enough I will take him at his word.
Then I guess I'll have to take you for your word too.:)