Dairy: Right Ear Tattoo OAK

Island Creek Farm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Surely someone has a goat with this tattoo and knows who the breeder is! Before I retattoo our best producing doe and going NOA (and having to breed 3 years to get it OFF the records), I'm hoping this tattoo sequence looks familiar to someone! Most likely Alpine, BUT, may be Alpine cross, or Obie cross, or maybe a Sable? LOL...ANY leads would be greatly appreciated, definately a swiss breed. RE: OAK, LE: X41 PLEASE HELP!

rascal

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
You should be able to contact ADGA for some help. Prolly your best bet unless you know where your doe came from (city/state/ect).

Island Creek Farm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
It isn't an AGS tattoo, it is an ADGA tattoo, but they won't give out the information on who owns it. Doe came from just north of Atlanta...though she could have been shipped from anywhere as a kid. Ended up on a meat goat lot when the owner passed away.

currycomb

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
i cannot beleive ADGA wouldn't help you with that. it is a herd identification. mine is WNC, daughter's was CUR. maybe check again? go to web site?

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
My only other suggestion would be to try a large group on yahoo. I know there's one for Nubians (Nubian Talk), maybe there's one for Alpines as well. Post just what you've said here and maybe someone down that way will see and be able to help.

Mea

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
There is an Alpine Talk Yahoo group. Perhaps if You give the location and the tatoo... someone on there might be able to help.

There is also a Georgia DG Breeders Assn. could try Googling that .They might have some ideas. She would be about 5 years old...an 06 kid.

Just guessing...trying to help....