ELECTRIC MEAT GRINDER

stevin

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
How many of you grind your rabbit meat? any recommendations on a particular residential type grinder?

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Personally, and maybe it's just me, but I prefer my hand crank meat grinder to my electric one, 100x over. My electric one gets bogged down with just about any fat in it, with a good sized motor in it, and cleaning out the globs of sinewed fat is not fun. This is after I've trimmed it up considerably. The hand crank one I bought off ebay for $1, literally, and while it takes more muscle to function, it works so much better. I can rip through several big roasts in a matter of a few minutes.
The downside is that my hand crank one doesn't have a sausage adapter, so I still have to use the electric to do sausage, but it goes much easier after it's already ground down with the crank one.

If you have the money to spend, the Cabela's game grinder looks to be pretty good.

stevin

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
ha! the STX is one of the models that i've been eyeballing. glad to hear!

Alexz7272

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@stevin It is AMAZING! We got through so much pork in record time with that thing. We will never buy anything less going forward. It is also super easy to use & clean (which was big for me)

stevin

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
the Cabelas one looks like a beast! way outta of my budget.

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah I like ours, the Cabelas one is also way out of our budget! My husband butchered pigs with a professional one and other than this being slower, he's very happy with it. It's a little loud. Things that don't bother us, considering the price we are very happy. My husband throws in big pieces and it goes through fat, etc. with no problem.