FergusonK's journal - Goodbye Java Jewel.

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
Zinnia day 9:

20160603_200435.jpg

It's been raining and gross here. She's feeling well enough she kicked the bucket over at feeding time because she ran out of BOSS

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Goats are so funny, they certainly want things their own way.

About the cats...most of mine have been strays or bottle babies too. The last cat I went in search of was about 25 years ago when my son wanted a calico. There are have been many kitties since her and they are all different and all my favorites. Can't believe someone would shoot a cat; there are just some evil people in this world.

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
First 12 hour fill:

Red: 2+ quarts! Holy cow!
Lilly: 1.5 quarts!
Poppy: 1 quart!
Aelia: 1 quart!
Taystee: abandoned shop and cheated. He's doeling kept her dry.
Prudence: still nursing. Boys aren't ready to wean yet. Put them back before we milked her but she has an impressive udder.

Onyx is starting to fill, just a little, I'm excited to see what she gives us.

Zinnia gave us more than she has been and feels like she's loosening up a little finally. That's exciting.

After the bottle babies were fed we ended up with 4 quarts in the freezer. A GALLON. Y'ALL. A. GALLON. In one day! ONE. :bow:bow:drool:celebrate:clap:weee

Side note: gallon doesn't look right in all caps.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
First 12 hour fill:

Red: 2+ quarts! Holy cow!
Lilly: 1.5 quarts!
Poppy: 1 quart!
Aelia: 1 quart!
Taystee: abandoned shop and cheated. He's doeling kept her dry.
Prudence: still nursing. Boys aren't ready to wean yet. Put them back before we milked her but she has an impressive udder.

Onyx is starting to fill, just a little, I'm excited to see what she gives us.

Zinnia gave us more than she has been and feels like she's loosening up a little finally. That's exciting.

After the bottle babies were fed we ended up with 4 quarts in the freezer. A GALLON. Y'ALL. A. GALLON. In one day! ONE. :bow:bow:drool:celebrate:clap:weee

Side note: gallon doesn't look right in all caps.
Is red a ND or Boar?
That is a lot of milk. Hope they keep up with producing a lot.

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
Red is a ND. She's can only get better from here as this is her first real freshening. Her first breeding, with her original owner, was lost.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Red is a ND. She's can only get better from here as this is her first real freshening. Her first breeding, with her original owner, was lost.
That is impressive for a actually first time ND. Do you milk once or twice a day?

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
I only have time to milk in the evenings right now. So that's her full days production.

She's impressed me time and time again. Her attachment isn't great but she produces well. We're keeping her doeling.

Reactions: TAH

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
Red and Holly have found a loop hole.. literally. Apparently there's a section of fence Holly can reach Red through and they found it.

20160607_200121.jpg

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
20160608_201403.jpg

I finally managed to get a picture of Gator riding on someone's shoulder. She does this every. Day. When we get home she jumps up and rides our shoulders for hours while we're doing chores. Sometimes she's a pain in the butt because she claws her way up if you try to ignore her and don't let her jump from up high. She gives off this high pitched mew and makes her leap of faith. When you hear it, brace yourself! She puts her back legs over one shoulder and front legs over the other while she rides around. It's quite comical to see when you're not the one she's currently attached to.