Is she in pain?

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
manybirds said:
I honestly don't believe animals (unless something goes wrong) have birthing pains.
Really? I think they do, but they've evolved to keep quiet when birthing to no attract predators. I know my goat hollers out when she's kidding. It has got to be painful.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have one that slams her head into the side of the barn for a good three hours and then for the last half hour screams out in horror before pushing out a kid and looks at like holly cow, that was a lot of work. She doesn't look to painless to me. Has done it every tiem she has kidded, 4 times now. She apparantly missed the instructions passed down from other generations to not call attention to herself when in labor.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Couldn't see the video, but did see the pictures. They are so tiny and so bald when they are born. Can't wait to see them with hair and their eyes open. :)

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
woodleighcreek said:
ArabiansR2Cool said:
How many did she have?
Counting the peanut 5. She has 4 healthy babies and had no DOAs
Please give us updates! How's it going since their arrival? Really thrilled with you. :)

woodleighcreek

The Rabbit Queen
Reaction score
All doing good. Except the peanut which looks like a skeleton. I'll give a better update when I get home and check on them.