Is this a problem or am I just stressing?!

MeganA19

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Okay guys. Thank god this isn't one of those annoying forums where I can only post ONE thread. I mean come on, these are goats we're talking about.
icon_e_wink.gif

My Snubian doe, Suzanne, who some of you may have seen my thread wondering if she is pregnant, is in fact pregnant. I felt a baby move yesterday and it was oh so cute!! It was, as many of you had told me, unmistakable. Def felt a little hoof slide across my hand and then a little leg. Or something, but it was a kid for sure! Plus Suzanne has quite the little lump hanging off her right side, so yay! I was given two potential due dates, Jan, 30th, or Feb, 24th. I'm leaning more towards thinking it'll be the January date, considering the information above, I'm no expert in feeling babies and yet I can feel hers with ease. Anyway the last couple days she has been doing this weird back stretch. She stretches it down, sucks her belly in and points her tail down, then goes back to normal....and does it a few minutes later. She'll do it a few times and then stop, sometimes doing it again a few hours later. I thought braxton hicks? WAY to early for prelabor isn't it!? I'm starting to freak about it as it's the third day in a row she's done it... no dishcharge, eating fine, drinking fine, acting normal other than being REALLY emotional. Just not sure if this is normal or not....

MeganA19

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Okay good. That's what I wanted to think but couldn't settle for sure on!Thanks for helping!

Sweetened

Herd Master
Reaction score
My ober, tootsie, just started this behavior and she is due February 19th. Last year, my boer didnt start that until 2 weeks before kidding. The day she gave birth she keeeept streeetching that way, she was trying to adjust him, i think, as he presented wrong. Arent goats fun!

MeganA19

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Oh jeez, yeah so fun. :p I'm so glad it's normal though, I just went out there and she was standing all stretched out, I will be crazy by the end of this month, lol, let's not even mention my other pregnant doe! I snapped a picture of her doing it, sorry I cut her head off...
20150102_102601.jpg

Attachments

• 20150102_102601.jpg
    20150102_102601.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 120

MeganA19

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
LOL, yes, *sigh* I'm not even in the "kidding"range yet. What will I do. :p So she quit doing it and now I can't feel the babies anymore, so she def moved them. To bad too, feeling them was pretty cool!