Latestarter's ramblings/musings/gripes and grumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Sorry... what is an "NH"? :idunno I've pretty much already ruled out a Deere... too expensive. Pretty much the same for Kubota...

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
When we had our barn built, I insisted on a 12' wide aisle and about 14' high. My DH thought I had lost my mind. (as usual) :lol:

DH-WHY do you want the aisle so high??
Me-Because I don't want to bash my brains out if I ride my horse through the barn.
DH-(snort) You're not going to hit your head on a beam!
Me-Darn right, because it's going to be high enough and wide enough to run a cab tractor down the middle if I want to!
DH-We don't have a cab tractor!
Me-I don't care! I want it HIGH! And you never know--I might GET a cab tractor!
DH-grumble, grumble, cuss words, grumble some more..........

then I wanted the hay bale set in the barn.......

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!!!

Joe, buying a new tractor, get as big of a tractor that you can afford. You won't be sorry later that youu have the HP to do whatever you want.

IMG_1023.JPG

IMG_1024.JPG

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
There is a commercial on TV by a local Zetor dealer who claims "no electronics" as part of his sales pitch. I can only assume (here's where I get in trouble-assuming) that he means no sensors. Sensors are expensive, they go out and the whole thing shuts down--PITA! Might be worth checking into. Imagine-a tractor a "regular" person could work on!

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
There is a commercial on TV by a local Zetor dealer who claims "no electronics" as part of his sales pitch. I can only assume (here's where I get in trouble-assuming) that he means no sensors. Sensors are expensive, they go out and the whole thing shuts down--PITA! Might be worth checking into. Imagine-a tractor a "regular" person could work on!

DH fixed tractors for 10+yrs so he knows the ins and outs of pretty much all of them. Deere is the most exspensive brand of tractor to fix hands down, second place is kubota....way down the line is Massey, david brown....then Belarus and Zetor.

Yes they mean no sensors...or other pricey to replace "un-needed" gadgets. We borrow our friend Zetor time to time and they really are super nice tractors and DH has fixed it once and done the regular maintenance on it and both of those were easy and not expensive....bearing in mind what "not expensive" is in the tractor world. We also borrow our neighbors Belarus...in 30yrs he has only had one major breakdown and that only cost 3k to fix. Have you seen the prices on replacement seals for Deere or Kabota yet? Sit down first lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.