Locust Haven kidding thread 2014

Kinder Garden Farms

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Our first two does kidded for the season, We are off to a good start with 23 more does to go and only loosing one pregnancy so far out of the group to an abortion at 3 months into gestation.
Here are the first two sets of twins.
first picture is a doe and a buck born in the middle of the night, and it was a warm 4 degrees outside. No heat in the barn, It was chilly to say the least. View attachment 1291

this picture(below) is of a set of bucks born the next night, also in the middle of the night and also right at 5 degrees. Waiting for warmer weather this weekend. View attachment 1292

Beautiful! And congrats! Looking forward to more pics!

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
How are Tori, Indie, Aunt B and all the lovely ladies doing?
We were keeping Tori this year and we lost her over the summer when we moved the does to a new pasture, I am thinking stress, worm load or bloat. Just found her out there dead the next day.
Indie is great, One heck of a nice doe and Aunt B was sold as a bred doe, but the people I sold her to had a house fire, so I am taking care of her for a couple months, of course she kidded while she was/is here and she had two does and a buck kid. Three bottle Babies. LOL. Here is Aunt B and her new kids.
Aunt B on the far left of the feeder. She is a big big doe.
Aunt B feb 2013.jpg

Aunt B and her 2012 daughter.
may 2nd9.jpg

Two of her kids from this year, these are the girls.
feb 2 weighing and tagging day14.jpg

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Some photos from this years kidding. Our numbers were doing pretty well, we had one still born, and out of 17 does we had two that we had to assist. One kid had head out and no front legs, That was a tough delivery. The other doe had a backwards baby and the delivery was not that hard, but the kid was not breathing when born, but we finally got her going.

We had 5 does with singles out of 17 kiddings, so that part was a little frustrating. Not sure what is going on there. But we have some really nice kids and 29 kids on the ground so far, with one doe left to kid in a week and 5 more does due middle of March.

feb 2 weighing and tagging day1.jpg
feb 2 weighing and tagging day2.jpg
feb 2 weighing and tagging day8.jpg
feb 2 weighing and tagging day12.jpg
feb 2 weighing and tagging day4.jpg
feb 6 20142.jpg
feb 6 20143.jpg

rebelINny

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
LOL I was thinking the same thing Bucking hahaha! They are all so cute! Congrats on the many babies.