Looking for information on goats milk.

Oakroot

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Keep in mind the smaller the goat the harder birthing can be because it is harder to get in there and assist. That was one of the factors that mushed me from wanting mini's and going with full sized Nubians. The other thing I have quickly noticed is, "Friend with the Goats syndrome" it is like "Friend with the Pickup truck symdrome" once friends start finding out you are even looking for dairy goats the requests for cheese start coming in. My goats are going to have to keep me and a good 1/4 of my friends in cheese. And between cheese for us, them, soap, drinking, butter, icecream and all the other million things I want to do with it we decided 2 to 4 full sized does was going to be needed. At first I was thinking in terms of what will we drink ourselves but after having a doe in milk for just a month before we dried her off it became quickly apparent we were gong to drink FAR more of our good raw goats milk then we ever did of store bought stuff.

terri9630

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Our friends and neighbors have learned that nothing is free. When we butchered our pig everyone said we should have a big cook out for the neighborhood. It never dawned on them that we had to PAY for the animal, feed and butchering. Once they saw the numbers they quit asking.