Margali's Griffin Wood Ranch

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Ridgetop Dominic turns 6 next week and loves the idea of sheep. He can work on leading and bracing "his" lamb. I'm not sure how long his interest will last if I ask him to put effort in.

If it ends up lame before an event, he can do showmanship with Cassandra's ewe. Mostly emphasizing the market part so he understands lamb burger is the final destination.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Ridgetop Dominic turns 6 next week and loves the idea of sheep. He can work on leading and bracing "his" lamb. I'm not sure how long his interest will last if I ask him to put effort in.
Check the Fair rules. Some Fairs do not allow children under the age of 9 to show large livestock - sheep, goats, cattle, hogs, while others do. IMO kids can't start too early learning to handle livestock, but the rules about ages are based on insurance risks. Regardless he will have fun.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
These are the cuties I just reserved. Pickup will be in July. Both are registered twin ewes (different moms).
CFT2424
CFT2424.jpg

CFT2408
CFT2408.jpg

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Ridgetop I believe they are out of same sire. Registration is in progress and I will double check. My Oklahoma 6 grandfather's is from Bluestem Farm and is also sire of Mocha. I plan on getting second not white ram and then I will focus on type and culling. Goal is a flock with good confirmation, mothering abilities and nice dark browns / blacks with spotting.