Nigerian Doe at Day 149, no kids, PICS...........I need advice please!

Ariel301

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
They really like to drive us crazy with guessing, don't they? :rolleyes:

She's definitely due soon...could be tomorrow, could be in three weeks. Sometimes they go a few days overdue and that's no big deal, my does all did this year for some reason.

StudMuffinNigis

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Gosh she is making me go crazy! I just can't wait! I finally got the buck with the genetics I wanted, the does with genetics I wanted, and finally what I have created is about to arrive and it's taking FOREVER! lol

StudMuffinNigis

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I figured while waiting I would let you all see how opal really looks. 1st picture is of her a few months ago, and the 2nd is of her a few days ago. She is the smallest Nigi I own, barely 17 inches at the withers. She was a runt of triplets, so I think that had an effect on her height. Her parents, siblings and hubby are all normal nigerian standard sizes. I just love her and how little she is. So excited to see what she pops out. The buck I bred her to has Rosasharn Tiger L, as his grandpa! So excited. Thanks all!

0475a87e.jpg

0cdf12c6.jpg

StudMuffinNigis

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Tomorrow is due day.... I noticed a significant amount of udder growth in the last 24 hrs and earlier today she didn't even get up to come say hi, she also only eat a little bit of food and normally would eat the whole bag if I let her. I'm so excited, definitely expecting only one kid by the size of her. I can't wait to take a picture of her udder, I think it's awesome, size, teet placement, rear udder attachment.... Pictures of course as soon as something happens! Thanks for experiencing this with me! Chad

StudMuffinNigis

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I WAS RIGHT! I came home to a new baby boy, 7-27-11. Gosh he's a cute little man.
8728e5ee.jpg

d3408ad1.jpg

c9a5561e.jpg

cindyg

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Absolutely adorable, congratulations!! So, she did it all by herself? Good for her.