IMG_9667.JPG
IMG_9696.JPG
IMG_9718.JPG
IMG_9544.JPG

Here are our cows and calves, in order with the pictures,

1. Frankie (Dutch Belted),

2. Violet (Dutch Belted),

3. Harper (Mulberry Jersey),

4. Candy, (Brown Swiss/Simmental) who has a two month-old bull calf, but I don't have pictures of him.

5. Sadie (Brown Swiss/Jersey),

6. Piper (Brown Swiss/Mulberry Jersey), &

7. Stella, (Jersey)

ETA, these pictures are about two months old.

Last edited:

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nice looking dairy animals.
What brand heat detectors are you using?
As a side note:
I will save #7 (Stella) picture as it clearly shows the scapula outline and a very good example of what proper front leg bone structure should look like in both beef and dairy animals. Beginning at the top of the scapula, if you draw a straight line down TO the middle of the metacarpus bone, the line should intersect the center of both the elbow joint and the carpal joint, with the shoulder joint forming a 45° angle-- between scapula and humerus. This ensures good cushioning as the walk, ability to travel long distances while grazing or going for water, as well as easy and proper hoof placement, with rear hoofs falling pretty much where the front hoof was just lifted. Failure for that to happen is short stepping, and it is often associated with the rear leg bone structures, but it is just as important for the front legs to be able to do what they should as well and this is one of the things we all look for when purchasing or heifer selection for retention or at sale. Bad front leg stucture also causes problems for the animal in laying down and getting back up.

Treatment-osteodystrofyy-Cow-bone-disease-of-cow.gif

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cool, I loved my Cow Showmanship durning Round Robin at County Fair

LisaR

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg

Cute cows!
Here's mine. They are both a month shy of 2 years old, they were bottle fed since 2 weeks old and the heifer is due any day now with her first baby. The steer is still nice but will be on our table soon.

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
ok @Goatgirl47, i am officially jealous of the cows or part of them anyway. i love dutch belted and brown swiss both. use to do ai for a dr. friend who had dutch belted. what you gonna do with all that milk? they are all very nice. and the chicks are cute too.

Latest posts