Poka_Doodle's journal

LukeMeister

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
While I am back to tears, on this Halloween my Pumpkin has passed away. For those of you that remember a couple weeks ago I posted about Pumpkin being sick, before I left I moved her back thinking she was okay again. This morning I went out to feed the chickens and noticed Pumpkin was missing and found her dead. She was my wonderful showmanship bird I have won with and learned a lot about. I am going to miss her, she will be buried soon probably near Shadow.
Aww I'm so sorry @Poka_Doodle :hugs

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well a lot happened Saturday, who watches Animal Planet? And the next thing I am posting is a paragraph I have been working on recently about my cousin. My family is very important to me and as ski season starts I will be probably posting about them a lot more.

I watched as he took the final strides, as he crossed the finish line his last in high school. It was a memorable moment, a cross country star for his school. It was a third place for the state of Colorado 5A boys and close to a win along with a school third place. He has come a long way from a 5th ranked boy at his school and having to run JV once. And there was a big thing that happened at school, but now he was the school record holder. It was his last chance to show the state what he had, going to college next year if was one of his final race, this was also likely the last time I would have the opportunity to watch him run. Running has really been a big part of Steven for the last couple years, even while on family vacation he goes out running. Steven is not just great at Cross Country either, her grades are at the top too. For these years I have watched him run I have seen large improvement too, he once struggled and did well but nothing compared to now. I think a motivation is to do better than his older brother who did okay. Steven put out a big thing Baseball, a family thing dating back a bit, to run track each spring keeping with good distance running.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Okay, so I am going on vacation, again. This time will be a bit different, I am hoping to have access to the internet while I am in Texas at my Aunt's baby shower. I will be gone from tomorrow to Monday night, also my Aunt has goats, so I will be found posting about goats a bit more

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
I owe you guys a kitten picture, and here is a picture I took recently for a BYC friend
Photo on 11-12-15 at 7.53 PM.jpg

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is nearing it, well 2 and 1/2 months away, and here is a bit of a poultry preview

An Intermediate top person will be a person to come out and surprise, she has a good future after a showmanship win. However she is without her previous partner, she will be a sure surprise.
We will get to see the Intermediate and Junior Arapahoe Poultry Champions go face to face and will be sure to put on good result.
The partraige rock bantams will be a surprise, they may finish soon and conculude their exibitor's showing of the breed, watch out!
A Quail Antwerp Belgiun Bearded D'Anver will be tested at Showmanship and in the show, can she impress just as well as her sister has?

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just realized how long its been since I updated

Well as you can see in my avatar Winter is here. We have had about a snow fall each week. Ski season is underway, the skiing has been great.