The journey into the abyss of no return

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Had to read up on the meishan breed... sounds like the meat is very tender.... Berkshires are known for their more tender meat with more marbling throughout than most of the more common breeds. I was somewhat surprised to read that Meishans are known for big litters with sows having 16-20 teats. I would never keep a breeding animal....male or female..... with less than 12 teats. They sound interesting except for the pendulous ears. They will be more likely to freeze in your terribly cold winter temps...

Hey, good place to start as I like Berkshires...and some of the ones you brought home seemed to have some Berk or something in them with the white face and white feet.
The one's I brought home are Berkshire/Meishan themselves, more Berkshire than anything except for one, but he is a barrow so he will be put in the freezer. I can tell that one is more Meishan cause of his floppy ears. Apparently they do fine here since all these pigs came from around here, no problems with frozen ears and they didn't have any shelter till they got here. I know for sure they will have more hay to play with to stay warm.
Have a rancher 15 miles up the road who freely gives away the hay his cows can't have and the pigs/ducks love it.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Besides RTH feature on a particular drone I'm looking at, here is one option I love as it would help out the local community and few other things such as security. With my tablet I can see before around around me when hail storms are coming through or possible twisters, I can ward off trespassers too that think this is a ATV land or somewhere to freely hunt since there is BLM next to me. Only $159, worth the cost to add to the drone.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Besides RTH feature on a particular drone I'm looking at, here is one option I love as it would help out the local community and few other things such as security. With my tablet I can see before around around me when hail storms are coming through or possible twisters, I can ward off trespassers too that think this is a ATV land or somewhere to freely hunt since there is BLM next to me. Only $159, worth the cost to add to the drone.
Looks good and the price is even better!!! You should be good to go with that.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
WOW and Holy Cow -- amazing to watch. Just how many cameras have you got going at once?!?!! And BTW -- add in to the skill set -- "videographer and editor". :)
To be honest, just one camera. Notice there is no camera in the very beginning of me grabbing the rock out the dump truck on the corner of the dump truck that is where the second angle is taken from. Hell I can't even see where I'm reaching in the dump truck at that point.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Looks to be a long night, gosling hatching tonight in the living room. Not making anything off these things, but I keep hatching them, guess it's addicting. Another due on the 12th, and subsequently every few days afterwards till June 1st