Utah!!!!

BarredRockMomma

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Where is everyone hiding? I know you are out there. I'm in Salt Lake County, with horses, goats, chickens, cats, dogs and children.

BarredRockMomma

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Still in Utah and looking for Nigerian Dwraf buck for my girls. There has to be Utah people here.

Domestic_goddess

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hey, I know I am a bit late replying to this post. But I am a fellow Utahn...but live in South Central Utah. I have a goats, chickens, 3 cats and 2 dogs.

BarredRockMomma

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I think we are the only ones on here. But I have found lots of Utah goat owners through other means. I have Niegerian Darwfs.

Domestic_goddess

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
We recieved 2 Nubian Does last year, so i'm new to this whole goat thing. We purchases a oberhasli/nubian buck and bred him with our does last October. One of my Does kidded already, she had a little buckling, it was her first and we ended up being out of town at them time and when we got back he was dead :( Our other Doe Bessy is due any minute, I keep expecting her to pop and she still keeps holding them in even though she's so honk'in huge! I think she'll atleast have twins if not triplets it wouldn't suprise me. I have also been raising chickens for about the last 5-6 years, we are up to 30+ now, I have 34 eggs in the incubator and I'm expecting 12 Austra Whites that I ordered this week. We had over 40 chickens, we got rid of some of our oldest and culled several roosters too. I still have 3 roosters. What's your story?

Domestic_goddess

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
BarredRockMomma said:
I think we are the only ones on here. But I have found lots of Utah goat owners through other means. I have Niegerian Darwfs.
I have always wanted a darwf goat, that's what I orginally wanted. But we happened to be given these 2 Nubians as gifts and I just couldn't refuse them, as I have wanted goats for long time now.

BarredRockMomma

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have been raising chickens for just about 3 years now, I have 30+ once I hit 30 I stop counting. :hide I got my two does last fall. I will be bringing a buck home on Friday for one of my girls, then sometime in April I will be bringing home a buck for my other doe along with a wether so he has a friend. Then I have a reservation on a doe, who should be born around April 10th. The plan is that I will breed one this spring for fall babies and the other I will breed in the fall for spring babies. I havn't even figured out a plan for the yet born doe, but I'm at least 18 months from breeding her.

I also have dogs, cats, indoor, outdoor and barn, and 2 children.

RedFordFarms

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I know i'm late, but I'm a utahn!!! :D I have cows, chickens, horses, cats, dogs, geese, ducks, rabbits, etc. ;)