vet question

Emmetts Dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I think its a great idea you have the vet out to get established! I agree. Our vet comes out yearly to give rabies to all!! We have rabies issues in the woods up here in NH...soooo...its worth it to me. And he does all the animals vaccines, cats etc..at the same time.

My vet comes with a full truck, like Karen's. It really nice. And when your established and you have a emg..it gves you peace of mind.

julieq

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
We haul our cats and dog to our vet. He comes out for the horses immunization and worming twice a year. For the goats it's only as needed, except for drawing blood for testing. Since we have ND's we can put one in a kennel and get it to our vet faster than he can make it out here usually. Guess we're fortunate to have a vet that does a superb job with our livestock and pets both.

goat lady

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
She told me yesterday that she was busy all day today with farm calls. So I guess this is normal for her. She seemed really nice and informative. I have a call into her to get her out here next week, and then I guess she will let me know about getting established then. Another vet that is a ways from me gave me her number and it happen to be her cell, so that was nice. Our dog vet would try and help in an emergency, but he said he did not know much about goats. So I just want to get someone that I can call in an emergency if need be. I just didn't know if other goat people had their vet come out and just look things over every once in a while or just emergencies. It looks like just emergencies. Thanks everyone.

julieq

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Our vet didn't know much about goats when we first started using him, although he was great with the horses, dogs and cats. But, bless him, once he found out how serious we were about our goats he's gotten himself educated and has been wonderful with them.

Latest posts