water bottles

Rabbit

Just born
Reaction score
I got a heated water bottle for my rabbits. It has a pin on the end instead of a ball which my old one had. I have had it attached to their cage for two months but they have not drank any. what do i do?????

Rabbit

Just born
Reaction score
I have put water in their old bottle but it freezes at night so they have had water to drink but I want them to have water at night and day during winter

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Whenever I got rabbits who had formerly been using crocks and had to learn to use my nipple waterers, I'd just show them....I'd bounce the ball until a stream of water poured out and leave some dripping off the end. They'd catch on real fast after that, particularly if I did it while they had their noses up there exploring things.

Also, maybe try flipping your nipple until the pin is on the opposite side than they are now...could be all in the way they grasp or depress the pin. I've never used the pin style nipples on rabbits.

Mea

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Some of our rabbits Never do figure out the 'pin style' bottle. We had to go back to the ball type spigots... or crocks for those. Young litters that started out with the pin type did fine with them. They are Not my favorite kind of spigot.