1 Year Ago we lost a great Friend...

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
No reason to cringe when you saw yourself in that picture @Devonviolet. I know you don't like pictures of yourself, but I couldn't cut you out of it now could I? You are a beautiful lady, both inside and out. You and your husband were a blessing to Joe, offering friendship and helping one another. You look at your picture with critical eyes, I only see the lovely person that you are.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
No reason to cringe when you saw yourself in that picture @Devonviolet. I know you don't like pictures of yourself, but I couldn't cut you out of it now could I? You are a beautiful lady, both inside and out. You and your husband were a blessing to Joe, offering friendship and helping one another. You look at your picture with critical eyes, I only see the lovely person that you are.
Awww!!! Thank you!!! :love

You and your hubby are another set of awesome friends DH and I have met since moving here to Texas in January of 2015! And we wouldn’t have met y’all without BYH!!! :hugs

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds like I would have enjoyed him as well ! I’ll have to go find some of his threads.
:D You really should! Although, his journal is REALLY long!!! It will take you several days to get through it. You will laugh and you will cry. But in the end, you will say that was a really nice guy who really cared about others!!! :D

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Devonviolet , I am the same way about pictures because of the "extra weight" that I carry. Mostly gained in the last couple of years from restricted activity from the ankle and knee pain in the walking that I used to do. So don't put yourself down for that. You look like a nice and very sweet person. I am hoping that between the surgery, and enforced restrictions which have really cut down my appetite, I will have lost a little weight. My last trip in the hospital for the accident in 1998 I dropped 15 lbs in 17 days. Alot of trauma from that accident and surgeries. This was not as bad but I know that my consumption levels have dropped. Plus it takes alot of energy to just get up and around. I want to try to get back to eating a little better too. Plus, surprising, the "bed exercises" have helped me to strengthen my core muscles a bit and that is always good so maybe tighten up some of the "fat"..... I am going to take advantage of the "silver sneakers" part of the medicare and go to the free gym classes once this ankle is healed and at least try to learn some of what I can do at home to get back in a little better shape. I am trying to do most of what they had me doing in the PT so that I continue to strengthen my muscles anyway.

Liked seeing the pictures of Joe and Mel, and all of you "fellow Texans".

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi guys...so, I was trying to look up late starter in the search area...but it just brought up a few threads that he made some posts. Do you remember the name of his journal? You all have me really wanting to know this man :hugs

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Do you remember the name of his journal? You all have me really wanting to know this man :hugs
Try this:

Latest posts