1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Using Goats to get rid of Mugwort - Discussion Threads
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

2018: Bee hive swarms, colonies, lessons, etc.

Discussion in 'Bee Swarms, Bee Behavior, & Bee Queens' started by soarwitheagles, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Apr 24, 2018
    soarwitheagles

soarwitheagles Loving the herd life

Bay,

I hope you can have bees one day. I find working with them extremely rewarding and satisfying. Most important of all, America is in desperate need of bees right now...

For us, we are gambling that our significant investment in bees will also eventually pay off. Just hope it works out...we are in fairly deep now.

We too planted the crimson clover.

Here's a pic:

1.JPG

We are hoping it pays off...the crimson clover seed is expensive so we will try our hand at harvesting the seed when it is ready...

Our fava beans are in full harvest and bloom mode all at once:

2.JPG

Yes, kinda gettin a little burned out on all the work...trying to adjust to give myself enough rest...

Have a good one everyone!

Baymule and Latestarter like this.
  2. Apr 26, 2018
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

I thought fava beans were vines. They are, almost over your head! Your Crimson clover looks beautiful too. Yeah, seed is expensive, but we have a seed company in Tyler and can go get it, thus saving the shipping charges.